• 5(current)
Release Viki.com Video Add-on - Asian Drama MOVIES & TV Shows
@dknlght how come I can't see any 720p content? Do I have to sign up for an account or something? I've tried a few shows and all I see are 480, 360, and 240.
(2013-11-26, 12:25)HiJacK Wrote: @dknlght how come I can't see any 720p content? Do I have to sign up for an account or something? I've tried a few shows and all I see are 480, 360, and 240.

Umm. I just notice that too. I saw the ad for vikipass and it indicated HD if you subscribe, so I think maybe they are keeping it for the paid subscribers. if you are watching the korean drama you can still get it in 720p in my azdrama.net addon.
though donation is not necessary but just in case you want to: Donate Here
dknIght can you please have a look at my logs, I just install channel tonight but its not working, as I get script error. Here is the logs. Thank you. Also do you know why some of the addon is broken?

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=90364
(2013-11-27, 06:54)hondas3000 Wrote: dknIght can you please have a look at my logs, I just install channel tonight but its not working, as I get script error. Here is the logs. Thank you. Also do you know why some of the addon is broken?

have you tried to see if you can view the video on their site? from the error it seems that the site is not bringing back a list of video links. This could be that the video isn't available in your area. Are you able to view any videos at all? Also what device are you using? also the reason why the addons are listed as broken is because you don't have the required script modules installed. it's suppose to automatically install them but for some reason it doesn't always do that so if you install the 1channel addon it will automatically install all the script modules needed by my addon
(2013-11-28, 01:56)dknlght Wrote:
(2013-11-27, 06:54)hondas3000 Wrote: dknIght can you please have a look at my logs, I just install channel tonight but its not working, as I get script error. Here is the logs. Thank you. Also do you know why some of the addon is broken?

have you tried to see if you can view the video on their site? from the error it seems that the site is not bringing back a list of video links. This could be that the video isn't available in your area. Are you able to view any videos at all? Also what device are you using? also the reason why the addons are listed as broken is because you don't have the required script modules installed. it's suppose to automatically install them but for some reason it doesn't always do that so if you install the 1channel addon it will automatically install all the script modules needed by my addon

thanks for the reply dknIght, I am testing it with window xbmc and now I figure there is something wrong with the window version not the addon as I try it with android and it works fine. Regarding the broken addon, so for the phillipine addon broken then where can I find modules update for it under your repository? thanks
(2013-11-27, 05:34)dknlght Wrote:
(2013-11-26, 12:25)HiJacK Wrote: @dknlght how come I can't see any 720p content? Do I have to sign up for an account or something? I've tried a few shows and all I see are 480, 360, and 240.

Umm. I just notice that too. I saw the ad for vikipass and it indicated HD if you subscribe, so I think maybe they are keeping it for the paid subscribers. if you are watching the korean drama you can still get it in 720p in my azdrama.net addon.

If I sign up for the vikipass, how do I enter the username/pass on viki? I don't see any options under settings.

BTW, any of your other addons have HD (besides the one you already mentioned azdrama)? I am looking for Vietnamese in particular for my mates. Most of the Vietnamese ones are in SD.
(2013-11-28, 22:29)HiJacK Wrote:
(2013-11-27, 05:34)dknlght Wrote:

If I sign up for the vikipass, how do I enter the username/pass on viki? I don't see any options under settings.

Sorry but this is a new feature they added a couple of months ago. I don't have any code to include this feature. unfortunately I don't have a vikipass account so I can't code for it. So have you tried it out beside the HD quality are there any other benefits?
(2013-11-28, 22:33)dknlght Wrote:
(2013-11-27, 05:34)dknlght Wrote: Umm. I just notice that too. I saw the ad for vikipass and it indicated HD if you subscribe, so I think maybe they are keeping it for the paid subscribers. if you are watching the korean drama you can still get it in 720p in my azdrama.net addon.

Sorry but this is a new feature they added a couple of months ago. I don't have any code to include this feature. unfortunately I don't have a vikipass account so I can't code for it. So have you tried it out beside the HD quality are there any other benefits?

I haven't tried it out yet. I was just wondering if there was a way to add your account info if you registered. I did try azdrama and like the 720p content. However, not all videos have the 720p option. The quality for 720p is not bad. The only problem is that not all my mates like reading the subtitles. I'm trying to find a Vietnamese addon for them that has 720p content. So far, no luck.
(2013-11-29, 03:15)HiJacK Wrote:
(2013-11-28, 22:29)HiJacK Wrote: If I sign up for the vikipass, how do I enter the username/pass on viki? I don't see any options under settings.

I haven't tried it out yet. I was just wondering if there was a way to add your account info if you registered. I did try azdrama and like the 720p content. However, not all videos have the 720p option. The quality for 720p is not bad. The only problem is that not all my mates like reading the subtitles. I'm trying to find a Vietnamese addon for them that has 720p content. So far, no luck.

that's because as far as I know I'm the only one who created the Vietnamese Video On Demand addons. All other Vietnamese addon created by other devs are just live streams. but actually PHIM47 and Kenh88 should have some 720p content but I don't display it because they don't keep track of the available video format for a particular video. I'd have to write code to check for each video all the format that's available which will slow down the content listing. azdrama and viki actually tells you all the available formats which is why I have them listed
just a heads up these the repo has everything as incompatible for gotham.
(2013-12-17, 00:45)s1oop Wrote: just a heads up these the repo has everything as incompatible for gotham.
That's most likely you did not install the tomm0 and urlresolver script module installed because a lot of the addon require them. I tested this with all the version so far they work
(2013-11-27, 05:34)dknlght Wrote: Umm. I just notice that too. I saw the ad for vikipass and it indicated HD if you subscribe, so I think maybe they are keeping it for the paid subscribers. if you are watching the korean drama you can still get it in 720p in my azdrama.net addon.

I am purchasing my first Pi, but one of the reasons is to be able to watch Viki on my tv. I have a Vikipass and one of the best reasons to have it is that it eliminates all commercials. It would be great to be able to use the vikipass on the Pi. It is very inexpensive. Only 4 dollars a month, but you can watch in 720p and have absolutely no commercials.
So, I was wondering if there was any hope that this add on will be updated to allow the use of the vikipass? That would really be great. I have never done any type of programming at all, so updating something like this is so far beyond me.
bump
(2013-12-31, 06:28)bramwell Wrote: So, I was wondering if there was any hope that this add on will be updated to allow the use of the vikipass? That would really be great. I have never done any type of programming at all, so updating something like this is so far beyond me.

Unfortunately, I don't have a vikipass account so I can't create code to incorporate the vikipass service because I have nothing to test, but besides HD videos what other benefits are there? There's no Ads in my addon anyway so that isn't a benefit.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Viki.com Video Add-on - Asian Drama MOVIES & TV Shows4