Frodo RC1 on HP TP CM10 will not play VOB files and Duplicates all TV Episodes
Frodo installs perfectly. I upgrade using the FRODO MySQL FAQ, copy the Thumbnails folder and Textures DB from my working Frodo install on Ubuntu. Advancedsettings, Mediasources and Sources .XML are identical between machines. I have removed path substitution for my thumbnails folder on my NAS as directed and copied the thumbnails folder locally as per FAQ.

My Media is on a central NAS server. All sources are correct the Movies are all there and artwork is perfect after update. On the TV side all TV Shows are there and all episode info.

However when I update the database to pick up new episodes it rescans all the TV shows and every episode. The MySql DB then ends up with duplicated entries for every TV Episode. Then of course my Ubuntu install has duplicated entries for every TV show. As I have over a 1000 episodes I have no choice but to remove both installs (Ubuntu and Android) delete the new MySql DB's and start again by upgrading my Ubuntu from Eden.

Also Frodo on Ubuntu plays my Movies (VOB) and TV Shows fine. Android will play my TV shows (AVI and MP4) but will not play any movies.

Any help appreciated. As the duplicated MySQL DB entries are a real showstopper for me.

Cheers
Spart
6 x Raspberry Pi Model B & B+ Pi2 & 3 Zotac Mag Ubuntu 14.04.1 - Ubuntu 14.04.1 Test Machine Kodi Nightly - RocketNAS 8TB Usable Raid 6 Ubuntu 14.04.1 RocketNAS Build
If there's any differences between the file path for the source added for the second XBMC device (and it's case sensitive, too) then XBMC will see it as an additional source for updates rather than an existing one. On your second XBMC device, the HPTP running CM10, remove the file sources and say yes when it asks if you want to remove/refresh from the library. This will ensure that the second source path that is different is correctly removed from the MySQL DB (sources get loaded directly into the library DB when you "set content" on them, so just editing the sources.xml file won't correct it completely).

What's odd is that you say you copied the sources.xml file, which should have avoided these issues in most cases. So to troubleshoot, at this point try to update the library on the HPTP, but without adding back any sources to it. This should work since the source for the library is actually stored in the DB itself (it just makes it easier for various reasons to have all HTPCs on the same page for sources and such, especially if you use file mode a lot). See if that causes duplicate entries.
UPDATE AFTER A BIT MORE TESTING

I have just deleted the new DB's from MySQL, left the XBMC FRODO install on my main XBMC as it was before and then run it. I t creates new DB's on running. From the main menu all thumbnails are blank. Clicking on movies or TV shows asks to update art. After that is done all thumbnails and movies and TV shows are correct. I can update library from both the Movie and TV sections without any issues. However looking at the sources. The DVD source is setup fine with the MovieDB scraper etc. However the TV source is blank, no scraper is configured even though when I update from the TV or Movie sections it says 'scanning tvshows using the TVDB'.

If I add a scaper to the TV Source it then aks to refresh all items in this source. If I say no then on the next update database it then duplicates all episodes. If I leave it alone with no scraper or other options configured it works fine and does not duplicate episodes.

Confused!!!

Thanks for the reply, between this and none of my movies playing I was going a little crazy checking and rechecking. I have this down to a very precise procedure (maybe incorrect but belt and braces)

All my Eden XBMC's use identical XML files for advancedsettings, mediasources and sources and all use the same NAS Shares in exactly the same way. I do not manually edit any sources inside XBMC. They are all loaded from the XML files. Not sure what you mean; So to troubleshoot, at this point try to update the library on the HPTP, but without adding back any sources to it.

To install a new FRODO RC1 XBMC I remove all previous versions. Install XBMC on Ubuntu (all of our client machines laptops etc. are Ubuntu 12.04) using 'sudo apt-get install xbmc xbmc-bin' from the ppa:team-xbmc/unstable repositories or for Android http://mirrors.xbmc.org/releases/android...bi-v7a.apk. Open XBMC once to create the directory structure. Shut it down, copy the thumbnails folder and textures db from my main XBMC box (this is the box that was upgraded from Eden following the upgrade FAQ and worked perfectly until I installed the next XBMC!) to the userdata folder (a real pain over wifi as this is over 22,000 files and 1.6GB as opposed to be being centrally stored on the NAS and accessed via path substitution as per Eden!!!!!!!! I now have multiple 1.6GB Thumbnails folders on user devices not ideal!!!!!!). Copy the advancedsettings, mediasources and sources XML from my main XBMC box to the userdata folder. Open XBMC and check the sources are all there, this is where things seem to go a little awry. In the Recorded TV source the scraper is not set. the DVD's source is set correctly.

Going back to the main menu everything looks fine. all thumbnails are showing up and are exactly as the first XBMC box, I can play any item on linux and even the watched status is correct. However if I go into Movies and update database. The TV shows are put in the Movie DB and the DB is now screwed If I leave it running it duplicates all episodes and puts them in the movie DB.

Going back to the first XBMC the DB is now screwed and TV episodes are now in the Movie DB. Unless someone else knows better I have to go back to my Eden DB's delete the new DB's created by FRODO on my MySQL server and start again.

I must be missing something. I have followed the FAQ's perfectly and am not a beginner to XBMC I have been using it since the early days of XBOX!

When following the above procedure on Android everything is as above. However when updating the database within TV Shows or Movies all TV episodes are duplicated either in TV shows or movies and the DB is screwed, movies do not duplicate and are fine but do not play (Full DVD rips DVD9 as per original DVD minus protection). TV Shows play fine.

Any help appreciated, it seems that FRODO is not quite there yet and the distributed Thumbnails are a real pain and defeat the object of having shared media. Having the option of using path substitution for Thumbnails at the expense of a little slower load time is worth it to me.

See below my XML files for info:

advancedsettings.xml

<advancedsettings>
<videoextensions>
<add>.html</add>
</videoextensions>
<videodatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<host>xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx</host>
<port>3306</port>
<user>YOUR USER</user>
<pass>YOUR PASSWORD</pass>
</videodatabase>
<musicdatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<host>xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx</host>
<port>3306</port>
<user>YOUR USER</user>
<pass>YOUR PASSWORD</pass>
</musicdatabase>
<importwatchedstate>true</importwatchedstate>
</advancedsettings>

mediasources.xml

<mediasources>
<network>
<location id="0">smb://username:password@SHARE/TV</location>
<location id="1">smb://username:password@SHARE/DVDS/</location>
<location id="2">smb://username:password@SHARE/Music/</location>
<location id="3">smb://username:password@SHARE/OTHER/</location>
</network>
</mediasources>

sources.xml

<sources>
<programs>
<default pathversion="1"></default>
</programs>
<video>
<source>
<name>Recorded TV</name>
<path pathversion="1">smb://username:password@SHARE/TV/</path>
</source>
<source>
<name>DVDS</name>
<path pathversion="1">smb://username:password@SHARE/DVDS/</path>
</source>
</video>
<music>
<source>
<name>Music</name>
<path pathversion="1">smb://username:password@SHARE/Music/</path>
</source>
</music>
<pictures>
<source>
<name>Photos</name>
<path pathversion="1">smb://username:password@SHARE/Photos/</path>
</source>
</pictures>
<files>
</files>
</sources>

6 x Raspberry Pi Model B & B+ Pi2 & 3 Zotac Mag Ubuntu 14.04.1 - Ubuntu 14.04.1 Test Machine Kodi Nightly - RocketNAS 8TB Usable Raid 6 Ubuntu 14.04.1 RocketNAS Build

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Frodo RC1 on HP TP CM10 will not play VOB files and Duplicates all TV Episodes 0