GFX + "DUAL Sound"?
Hey I'm new to xmbc I have an old I7 computer I want to use for XMBC, but i dont have any GFX for it.

What cheap gfx Card is the best for the price, GTX620 or other? Can i get them with HDMI?

I also would like to get sound out from the HDMI from the GFX card, for the TV, bot can I also take the S/PDIF from the Optical jack on the motherboard at the same time?

Hope you can help med plz =)
Ok I have now been looking at a Nvidia 610 card an think that is will be the card for me.

Now i ask again, does any of you know if i can have Dual sound out, I would like to have sound i the HDMI for the TV and also use the Optical S/PDIF on the motherboard for mig reciver, ofc when i use the sound in my reciever i will mute the TV and when i have the sound on on the TV the reciever will be off.
Get a card that supports HD audio passthrough. I think GT610 supports it.

In XBMC you can set HDMI as the audio output device and SPDIF as the passthrough device to get dual audio.
Nice thx for the anwser mate =)
Is it okay just to use an old Socket 1155 board?
Thinking of selling the old I7 and Using a http://ark.intel.com/products/53415/Inte...e-2_00-GHz for less heat, is that stupid of me?
I can see some in here say that the G530 is a good cpu, but is the T version not better? Or is it to slow?
Sorry, I don't have much idea about CPUs. For xbmc and hd playback the current i7 is enough.
Yes but is the I7 2600k not a bit overkill for at mediacenter?
(2012-12-21, 13:09)llPsyCholl Wrote: Yes but is the I7 2600k not a bit overkill for at mediacenter?

Massive massive overkill, an i3 would be enough, especially once you add that gt 610
HTPC: AMD A6-3500, 4GB RAM, OCZ Agility 3 90GB SSD, 2 1TB Hard Drives in RAID 0, nVidia GeForce 8400GS (soon to be replaced), Logitech Wireless Mouse and Keyboard, XBMC Eden 11.0
LAPTOP: Apple Macbook Pro 15, Late 2011 Model, 2.2Ghz Intel Core i7, AMD Radeon HD 6750M & Intel HD 3000, 8GB RAM, OCZ Vertex 2 240GB SSD, XBMC Eden 11.0
iPhone 4S 16GB with iTunes Match
What about the Intel Celeron G530T that i have linked to, is it to weak?
Enough for most HTPC use? Yes. Enough for HiP 10bit or 3D? No.

You may want the G530 instead of the T so it doesn't limit its TDP and I'm not sure if it can do HD Audio or not.
Okey then I will aim for a I3, what model is the best? =)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
GFX + "DUAL Sound"?0