Android FaviEntertainment stick XBMC startup hangs
Hi all,

Since last week I have a Favi Entertainment stick with Android 4.2 on it. I really love XBMC so I googled if Android was supported. I was thrilled to see that it is.

However, it worked for one day, but the next day, it just would not startup anymore. I just get a blank screen, When I clear the data in the settings, then I get the "first run" message again, but after that again the blank screen.

I also tried to factory reset the stick, and reinstall XBMC again, but that did not help either.

Does anyone know what could be the problem?

PS: I cannot access the log appearantly...
remove any USB attached devices and see if that helps. If so, what USB devices were attached ?
I indeed figured out it was due to a USB device attached, but I am pleased this appears to be a known issue.

The USB device was a dongle from my external keyboard. If I start XBMC with the dongle inserted, XBMC refuses to start, and also afterwards it would refuse. The only solution is to delete data (in the settings::applications::XBMC) and let XMBC go through the first run again (without the dongle of course Smile ).

The external (wireless) keyboard is a Logitech (K400)

Is this an issue that easily can be solved?
If it was easy to solve, don't you think we would have already solved it ? Smile
Good point Smile i'm sorry if I have insulted you in any way with that question. I'm a belgian, so maybe some sentences might be interpreted in another way that I would want to say it Wink
Anyway, I'm a developer myself, so I know that sometimes issues might seem small to the customer, but are much more difficult to solve than one might think Smile
If at some point this issue is solved, is it possible to update this thread?

Anyway, thanks for answering my question so fast Smile
Just to ask ... I've noticed that RC2 is out. Is by any chance the issue solved in this one?
(2012-12-24, 15:32)StevenDR Wrote: Just to ask ... I've noticed that RC2 is out. Is by any chance the issue solved in this one?

How did u install XBMC on Favi?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
FaviEntertainment stick XBMC startup hangs0