Movie thumbnails changed with Frodo update
I updated from Eden to Frodo RC2 today. There were two issues I had. The first dealt with very slow frame rates with any HD audio movie. I changed my setting from Direct Sound to Wasapi and that seemed to fix it.

The other issue dealt with the thumbnails for my movie database. I use Ember Media Management to set all of my thumbnails. It seemed with the update this info is now being ignored and XBMC used some other thumbnail for most of my movies. Has anybody else noticed this? I did go back into Ember and that does show the correct thumbnails so it seems that XBMC is no longer using the thumbnails saved in each movie's folder.

1) Issue, seems to be common... I've found the settings between direct & wasapi sometime don't stick if you flip between devices that don't work well with one format.

2) How XBMC handles covers between Eden and Frodo has changed, on installation of Frodo you are prompted to do a scan.

moviename.nfo
moviename-poster.jpg
moviename-fanart.jpg

for the graphic covers all you need now is the poster.jpg designation, I'm not sure if Ember saves in that format, but you can still pull in most graphics manually.
What if you have movies in their own directory? I previously used movie.tbn for movie posters. According to the Frodo FAQ I should now use poster.jpg but the remote poster is always used.

Edit: It appears to be working correctly now. Huh

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie thumbnails changed with Frodo update0