Script to free space/memory on ATV2?
Question 
Can someone make script that will delete the files (unneeded, rars, etc...) on ATV2 as suggested in the FAQ?

According to http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...ecific_FAQ You wrote
Quote: 4.10 Not enough space/memory

Shortcut: #Disk_space

Have you run out of space on your ATV2? Check with (via SSH) the df -k command. If any /dev/disk* filesystems are at 100%, use du -h / to see what's taking up space. or to show which files are, for example, bigger then 9 Mb do find / -size +9000b
First places to check are:
/private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/packages
/private/var/mobile/Library/Caches/AppleTV/Video/LocalAndRental
/private/var/mobile/Library/Caches/AppleTV/Video/Other
/private/var/cache/apt/archives/
See also #Thumbnails for saving space with smaller thumbs or moving them to a network location.

Can someone make simple script that will do this. In nitoTV may be... or something similar, an XBMC addon.. like file browser but that will automatically do this.

Thanks,
S@
The one for XBMC add-ons should now be handled automatically for XBMC v12. The others normally should clear out on their own and not be an issue, but only sometimes have issues.
I get tons of rar addons in the folder every time. I'm on Eden. Any suggestion how to fix that?

Txs,
G
For Eden you can probably use that cache clearer program that the XBMCHUB people made. (I don't have a link off hand, but it's probably easy enough to find on http://xbmchub.com ). I haven't used it before, but it sounds like it just clears files from those locations. I don't think it runs directly on the ATV2, though, but should still at least make it easier for some people than running the commands.
(2012-12-23, 23:05)Ned Scott Wrote: The one for XBMC add-ons should now be handled automatically for XBMC v12. The others normally should clear out on their own and not be an issue, but only sometimes have issues.

Running Frodo RC2, I still have plenty of .zip files that remain resident in the addons/packages folder.
- Amazon FireTV Stick 4K running latest stable Kodi version
- Sony Bravia XBR-x900h Android TV running latest stable Kodi version
- Skin: Aeon Nox: SiLVO
Yeah, up to 200 MB will remain in there by default, and can be configured in advancedsettings.xml. It leaves some for the add-on rollback feature.
How to configure it so it deletes back? I don't need them at all actually.
Thanks to Ned, looks like we can configure the packagefoldersize tag, thus:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Adv...dersize.3E

So I guess it'd be set it to 0 if you're okay with not having the addon rollback feature available. I learn something new every day Smile
Nice, thanks! Big Grin
(2012-12-24, 00:30)canadave Wrote: Thanks to Ned, looks like we can configure the packagefoldersize tag, thus:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Adv...dersize.3E

So I guess it'd be set it to 0 if you're okay with not having the addon rollback feature available. I learn something new every day Smile

Try that, but keep in mid that it need temp folder to unpack the skin/addon you download. 0 Might be the problem. Please write when you try.

S@
I'm assuming that the "0" setting wouldn't prevent XBMC from using that folder as a temp extraction folder...I'm guessing it just says that XBMC won't hang on to the .zip file once it's done unpacking it.
I believe that is correct. Basically, the setting goes into a set of rules to check for saved add-on zips, and only add-on zips.
Just to clarify, that setting only applies to the /addons/packages folder, correct? Not the other folders mentioned in the OP's first post of this thread?
(2012-12-24, 01:08)canadave Wrote: Just to clarify, that setting only applies to the /addons/packages folder, correct? Not the other folders mentioned in the OP's first post of this thread?

correct
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I put <packagefoldersize>200</packagefoldersize> and it block XBMC from starting.
Is this the correct syntax?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Script to free space/memory on ATV2?0