Crappy fanart - why?
Question 
Hello guys.

Have a question that probably some of you can help me with. I have some good fan art for my music artists which appear crappy on XBMC (latest beta5 or beta6). If I delete the textures.db file and check the fan art, it looks great again, but then if I go back to menu and then again to check the fan art, it's again crappy (and seems I cannot overcome it).

I have even tried a 1080p GUI unofficial OpenElec image (thought it could be because the GUI is usually shown in 720p), but I had the exact same issue.

Already checked my fanartres and imagesres tags in file advancedsettings.xml, placing it to default, but it didn't help either.

Does anyone know what can be causing this? Probably some noobness of me, no?

Thanks in advance for any help.
(2012-12-26, 18:42)pplucky Wrote: Already checked my fanartres and imagesres tags in file advancedsettings.xml, placing it to default, but it didn't help either.
Did you delete
.xbmc/userdata/Thumbnails/
after this change?
(2012-12-26, 20:12)popcornmix Wrote:
(2012-12-26, 18:42)pplucky Wrote: Already checked my fanartres and imagesres tags in file advancedsettings.xml, placing it to default, but it didn't help either.
Did you delete
.xbmc/userdata/Thumbnails/
after this change?
That's actually a good point that I will also try... Still then, what is strange is that if I choose 'No fanart' and then choose an image (which is not yet in Thumbnails folder), it looks good on screen (details and sharpness are great), but once I save it, go back to main menu (even change to a different artist, I think), the image looks completely crappy afterwards.

Any ideas or any other thing I can try to help me (or you) to better understand this issue? If I enable debug and do this process, if XBMC is doing some kind of conversion, will I be able to identify it?

Thanks in advance.
(2012-12-27, 13:49)PobjoySpecial Wrote: OpenELEC defaults to low resolution imagery to save GPU memory. Several people have tried to overcome this.

Create an advancedsettings.xml file in your usershare with the following:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
   <fanartres>720</fanartres>
   <imageres>512</imageres>
</advancedsettings>

Delete the textures.db and thumbnail folder, then re-scrape your library. If that doesn't fix your problem, then try Raspbmc. It works great out of the box for 512MB Pis.

This is what I've done and it works great. Fast enough to browse, hi-res enough for TV.
Lysin: Which part of this suggestion did you try?
(2012-12-28, 05:57)XopherTaylor Wrote: Lysin: Which part of this suggestion did you try?
I deleted the textures.db and thumbnail folder and changed advancedsettings.xml to the given values and in fact the aspect of the images improved (not perfect, but better).

Also tried raspbmc with 1080p gui (same procedure, but without these values in advancedsettings.xml) and images look really great (better than in OpenElec even with the above changes).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Crappy fanart - why?0