Horrible LiveTV performance
Hi guys!
After putting together a HTPC with XBMC I tried to use live TV today.
I Set up a MediaPortal server on which all channels Run nice and smoothly. But when I connect to the server via XBMC the playback Performance is horrible. The Stream lags and stutters like hell.

Although I tried to set up everything as described in the XBMC guideline for PVR, maybe I have missed something?

Can you help me?
post your setup so people can get an idea of what the problem may be.

is mediaportal and xbmc installed on the same machine?

Which XBMC version?

I used to have v11 with MediaPortal run fine, but now 12RC2 runs sluggish as you described
I'm using version 12 RC2, too.
Both MediaPortal and XBMC are on the same machine (Core i5, SSD, 8GB RAM).

So this is a common problem? Can we expect it to be fixed in 12.0 final?

BTW: I also tried another server (NextPVR), which shows exactly the same behavior.
Sorry for the cross-post, but I will re-post what I wrote in another thread to describe my situation:
SiLiZiUMM Wrote:Today, I installed Frodo RC2 with Argus as PVR server. I used to use a custom Eden build with PVR addon with MediaPortal TV Server (now deactivated because of Argus) which worked fine but the setup of the channels was quite a pain. Frodo/Argus is a huge improvement to be honest!

- I deactivated MediaPortal first
- Then I installed and configured Argus
- I installed Frodo RC2 (and later the nightly of 20121225)
- I have 5 ATSC channels in my Live TV list
- I am using Win7 with Hauppauge HVR-2250 TV Tuner card, i3 2105 CPU, 8Gb of RAM, SSD...

My main problem is that most (all except one to be exact) TV channel output are choppy (video lags, no sound, hanging video then fast forward, etc). The strange thing is that one of those channels paybacks just fine (1080 picture resolution).

Using Argus Scheduler Console, I can watch to all 5 channels just fine (it playbacks in VLC).

Yesterday before going to sleep, I gave NextPVR a try too. I am getting exactly the same choppy behavior too.
Ah found a solution!

In System -> Audio Output, Audio Output device, select DirectSound (was WASAPI on mine). Seems to work now!
Too bad, mine is already set to DirectSound :-(
So any other solution would be welcome...
Today I updated to version 12.0 final. The problem is still there :-(
I also tried Micrsoft Meda Centers PVR functions: here everything runs smoothly.

So I guess the problem lies somewhere in XBMC?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Horrible LiveTV performance0