Win external player failed to render file
Hi all i have searched all forums and tryed to many things to mention to try and fix my problem. Basicly I have been trying to setup xbmc frodo & eden to run a external player mpc-hc to run on command i.e from the play with tab in xbmc. Evrything seems to work ok exept for when i try and run a movie fron my nas all i get is failed to render file from mpc-hc works fine from local disk.here is my playercorefactory and xbmc log.

http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=24374

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="MPC-HC" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files\MPC-HC/mpc-hc.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

Do you have the NAS shares mapped in Windows? Try mapping the share as a drive in Windows and then add the mapped drive as a source in XBMC.
thanks but no joy. forgot to mention that it works from nas direct from mpc-mc just not through xbmc.
If you navigate to a video file on your NAS through Windows Explorer, then right click - Properties - under the General Tab, what does it show next to Location:?
\\MYBOOKLIVE\Public\Shared Videos\HD-Movies\final destination 5
(2012-12-27, 20:18)tooter Wrote: \\MYBOOKLIVE\Public\Shared Videos\HD-Movies\final destination 5

It looks like the NAS shared folder is not mapped in Windows, the location should be something like

K:\Shared Videos\HD-Movies\final destination 5

In Windows you need to map the 'Shared Videos' folder as a drive. It will then show in 'My Computer' under Network locations, then that can be added as a source in XBMC and external player will work correctly.

Here's an example of a NAS folder mapped to a drive in 'My Computer'

it worked great thanks. I wasted so much time on this cant beleve it was so easy.
(2012-12-27, 20:56)tooter Wrote: it worked great thanks. I wasted so much time on this cant beleve it was so easy.

Great, I'm glad you got it working.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
external player failed to render file0