• 17(current)
[MOD] Xperience1080+
(2013-02-13, 17:11)crni Wrote: Merged changes from Xperience1080
  • More font updates
  • Home menu label adjustments
  • Small home screen improvements and search icon updates

• Updated splash screen

• Added audio language flags to the video info dialog (Video language script required)

• Generic Thumbnail view updates

• Video Flags updates
  • Added new buttons to the add-on options menu
  • Moved genre & weather wind directions images outside of the media folder
  • Added DialogDownloadProgress for the simple downloader script
  • PVR Improvements
  • Version bump 2.0 Beta 4

Available on Github

Great work as usual.
Visually beautiful and very responsive.

I'm Incredibly grateful for all the hard work black/crni do, my HTPC looks infinitely much better because of them.
Annoying bug, category to the right of the selected is highlighted with white font:

This skin is smooth/responsive, have awesome views and is very beautiful, but am I the only one who feels the layout of the main screen is a mess? Here's some things I would love to see + some comments:

- Option to remove search (anybody actually use this?) or at least start on a different category
- On TV/Movies show more recently added and no tiles (what do people use these blank tiles for? why does Movies have four tiles and TV just two?)
- Option to show playlists instead of albums under Music, I only use Spotyxbmc2 I don't have any albums so these tiles are waste of space for me
- On the right hand side, why show two of the tiles from the next category? We already know what's next from what is highlighted. Remove it and make space for more "recently added"!

I just feel this skin's potential is wasted with a home menu that looks like it was designed to just look "cool", not to be functional. Anybody agree with me here, or do I just go back to reFocus BIG Sad
(2013-02-13, 17:22)im85288 Wrote:
(2013-02-13, 16:05)DecLinE Wrote:
(2013-02-13, 13:38)bakito Wrote: -DecLinE : to update 1080+ you have the explaination on the first post of this thread ( download new version then rename it...), for 1080 you have to download black repository ( in his thread, first post )
So the version Download skin.xperience1080+.zip you can download in the first page is not updated?

No, the latest changes need to be retrieved directly from github, if you go to the link you will see a button with the word "ZIP" on it, this will download the latest changes for you. For example if you see the post above crni has listed new changes and referenced his github page as the place to get theses changes.
Ah, ok...now I understand everything. Thank you a lot! Wink
Now I have no.4 skins installed in my Xbmc...how can I delete one or more of them?
In my opinion the home screen is perfect as it is. Functional, easy to use and looks damn cool Smile
Another question:
On "Movies section" in Home screen, is there a way to remove those 4 blank squares with "+" inside and substitute them with more recently added movies or something similar?
Added skin setting to disable overlay opacity for Home screen

Available on Github
Great additions as always crni! Any chance of getting a feature freeze to improve performance and fix bugs?
@DecLinE

Good to hear I'm not the only one thinking this lol Smile I can't for the life of me figure out what I should put in those 4 blank tiles that would beat having more recently added media. Nobody use XBMC for actually playing videos anymore? Tongue
(2013-02-13, 19:44)arokh Wrote: Annoying bug, category to the right of the selected is highlighted with white font:

Don't hide the home category.

(2013-02-13, 19:44)arokh Wrote: - Option to remove search (anybody actually use this?) or at least start on a different category
- On TV/Movies show more recently added and no tiles (what do people use these blank tiles for? why does Movies have four tiles and TV just two?)
- Option to show playlists instead of albums under Music, I only use Spotyxbmc2 I don't have any albums so these tiles are waste of space for me
- On the right hand side, why show two of the tiles from the next category? We already know what's next from what is highlighted. Remove it and make space for more "recently added"!

1. Disable "global search"
2. There isn't more to show for movies... what would you like to have there? You can use the tiles for many things, add-ons, playlists, custom paths etc.
3. I won't do that, sorry. Maybe crni will do it.
4. Again, there isn't more to show. I could change it from 6 to 8 items but that's it.
(2013-02-13, 20:30)Cassiel Wrote: Great additions as always crni! Any chance of getting a feature freeze to improve performance and fix bugs?
I have no performance issues whatsoever and my HTPC is 5y old (see first post for full spec).
In fact performance is one of the reasons why I'm using this skin (fantastic design and overall professional feeling with unmatched attention to details is another)
... as for the bugs I keep fixing what's reported and what I can. What issues do you have ?
(2013-02-13, 21:23)crni Wrote:
(2013-02-13, 20:30)Cassiel Wrote: Great additions as always crni! Any chance of getting a feature freeze to improve performance and fix bugs?
I have no performance issues whatsoever and my HTPC is 5y old (see first post for full spec).
In fact performance is one of the reasons why I'm using this skin (fantastic design and overall professional feeling with unmatched attention to details is another)
... as for the bugs I keep fixing what's reported and what I can. What issues do you have ?

Nevermind, my Atom is a bit sluggy in specific views. Tested a few things like removing animations, etc. and it feels better. I've submitted a few pull requests to your repo. NOT removing anything but adding localizations, fixing typos, etc.

I also encountered a few hickups while having a look at the XML sources. Almost all animations are included into animations.xml, but a few are still hardcoded to the specific views/windows XML files. That kind of optimizations… Wink

Btw: It's very common in software development to do feature freezes from time to time. Just my 2 cents Smile
It would be great as well if you would change informations aspect like those I highlighted in my screenshot from Aeon Nox Skin. What do you think about it? Smile
(2013-02-13, 22:06)DecLinE Wrote: It would be great as well if you would change informations aspect like those I highlighted in my screenshot from Aeon Nox Skin. What do you think about it? Smile
-1 from my side because this is a media center and it should be intuitive. Most people don't care about filenames or so many file details like codec version, bitrate, tons of different genres and subgenres, etc. That's one of the reasons why I don't use skins like Aeon & Co. They're displaying too much information - almost an overkill.

@crni: If you decide to implement so many details, at least please make an option to disable them Smile
Would it be possible to add the metadata actors script? I wouldn't have thought I'd miss it coming to a skin that doesn't have it, but I really do. It's just so convenient to shortly look in what other movies the actor already played to check if you missed anything important. (With the xbmc internal actor search you only see movies in your database)

edit: example:

(2013-02-13, 20:43)`Black Wrote: Don't hide the home category.

So I'm forced to have the home category (which is also useless to me) in order to avoid this bug? Wouldn't it be better to like, fix it? Smile

(2013-02-13, 19:44)arokh Wrote: - Option to remove search (anybody actually use this?) or at least start on a different category

Quote:1. Disable "global search"

Couldn't find that option, I'll look some more Smile

Quote:2. There isn't more to show for movies... what would you like to have there? You can use the tiles for many things, add-ons, playlists, custom paths etc.

Like I said, more recently added. Spread out instead of inside one tile. I don't have movie playlists and only one movie path. No addons either.

Quote:3. I won't do that, sorry. Maybe crni will do it.

Sad

Quote:4. Again, there isn't more to show. I could change it from 6 to 8 items but that's it.

I think you misunderstood. Tiles from the next category are showing on the right hand side, just feel like it's a waste of space.
  • 17(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Xperience1080+4