adding "shutdown" to favorites
is there a way i can add the shutdown link to my favorites ?

I want to do this so i can use my favorites to put a shutdown link to a custom menu

I use Aeon MQ3
You can manually add the following <favourite> entry to the favourites.xml file located in your userdata (wiki) directory, which will display the Shutdown menu:
Code:
<favourite name="Shutdown menu">ActivateWindow(shutdownmenu)</favourite>

After saving the file and restarting XBMC, you can then add this favourite to your custom menu.
After adding this code, the link now shows up in my favorites menu but i am unable to add the favorite in my menu... whats wrong ? Sad
(2013-01-04, 12:12)anarchoi Wrote: i am unable to add the favorite in my menu... whats wrong ? Sad

Define "unable". What exactly did you do to try to add this favourite to your menu?

I added the code to favourites.xml inside my userdata folder.

When i go to the favorites menu in XBMC, i can indeed see the Shutdown menu link

But when i go to my theme settings and i try to add a new favorite menu, i can't see the Shutdown menu in the list...
(2013-01-05, 03:32)anarchoi Wrote: But when i go to my theme settings and i try to add a new favorite menu, i can't see the Shutdown menu in the list...

If your favourites.xml has a lot of entries, move the Shutdown entry higher up on the list. The skin probably only lists the first x number of items from your favourites.xml.

(2013-01-05, 07:54)artrafael Wrote:
(2013-01-05, 03:32)anarchoi Wrote: But when i go to my theme settings and i try to add a new favorite menu, i can't see the Shutdown menu in the list...

If your favourites.xml has a lot of entries, move the Shutdown entry higher up on the list. The skin probably only lists the first x number of items from your favourites.xml.

Got it, it's working now Smile

Thank you very much !

Edit: this favorite will only open the system menu just like if i press "S" on my keyboard.
Is there a way to make it exit XBMC or shutdown computer ?

Edit #2: found answer to my question here:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Lis..._functions

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
adding "shutdown" to favorites0