Broken Skins
XBMC - Eden
One day my skins became magically broken!! Even upon trying to re-download and install a fresh skin it appears "broken" and will not work! I have had 10 or more skins installed for quite some time how and most of them are now broken... What's going on here?! Help please
You'll need to provide a lot more details than "broken". How are they broken? What happens when you try to uninstall/reinstall the skin?
When you broken, do you mean that the skins are marked as "Broken" in the repository or that they don't function somehow?
Sudden display issues could be tied to OS updates (specifically, the video drivers being changed).
The skins are marked as broken in the repository. Ive tried uninstalling, re-downloading., then re-installing multiple skins and even then, the skins are marked as broken... i was using the Aeon MQ4 skin for quite sometime ( I believe that's what it's called ) and one day a few days back i opened XBMC and I received and error message stating that the skin was "broken" and it reverted itself back to the default skin..... I tried going in the the setting/appearance/skins menu to change the skin back and almost all of my skins had a "broken" message beside them... Idk what's going on for sure but help would be greatly appreciated.
If you're running XBMC Eden, try doing a "Force refresh" on the XBMC.org repository and see if afterwards the skins are no longer marked as broken.
Thanks!
Got the same issue here but with Frodo, have tried your suggestion of force refresh but pretty much all the skins shown as broken. Is this just a Frodo thing?
(2013-01-18, 21:56)wagnumpi Wrote: Got the same issue here but with Frodo, have tried your suggestion of force refresh but pretty much all the skins shown as broken. Is this just a Frodo thing?

see frodo faq on the wiki
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Broken Skins0