• 157(current)
[RELEASE] Aeon Nox 4.0 (FRODO) only
Once more it looks awesome Smile
Eagerly waiting for the new version. Today when I started xbmc (gotham), aeon nox showed a dependency not met message and prompted to disable it. Not knowing I clicked yes and when I started xbmc later, aeon nox was disabled and there was no way to enable it again. Luckily I had a backup of the xbmc application folder and restored nox. This time I clicked 'No' to the prompt.
(2013-11-26, 17:41)baijuxavior Wrote: Eagerly waiting for the new version. Today when I started xbmc (gotham), aeon nox showed a dependency not met message and prompted to disable it. Not knowing I clicked yes and when I started xbmc later, aeon nox was disabled and there was no way to enable it again. Luckily I had a backup of the xbmc application folder and restored nox. This time I clicked 'No' to the prompt.

if you go back to gotham alpha 8 you might not get the "dependencies not met error ".
Running my customised Nox 4.0 successfully with gotham alpha 8 with nil issues ATM
^^ Since I clicked 'No', aeon nox is now working fine.
(2013-11-24, 18:21)jdoo Wrote: BigNoid, thanks, that looks excellent! Nox 4.0.9 is my favorite skin by far. One thing that would be great is if you could copy the wall view behavior in MQ5 where if you sit on an item in wall view for a while, it darkens all the other thumbs and brings up a mini box with info. It looks pretty cool but I have no idea how difficult it is to copy features between skins.

Thanks again for your work on this skin!!!
Earlier mods of Aeon also had that feature, I never added that in Nox because imo it's not very usable and defeats the purpose of a wall view. Its much more usable to hit the info screen to get the info when you want it than to have to wait x seconds for a popup to come along.
(2013-11-25, 00:00)capfuturo Wrote: BigNoid,

Would it be possible for you to add an option under configuration in the next iteration of Aeon Nox for viewing <originaltitle> in addition to <title>
I agree that original title has been missing in most Nox version, simply because of limited screen space. I will try to put it somewhere this time around. Probably a global setting to show original title or normal title.
(2013-11-25, 18:22)st graveyard Wrote: Great news regarding the new version of NOX.

Big_Noid ... I just like to whisper in your ear ... "Rom Collection Browser" ...

To me, the only thing that is missing in NOX is decent RCB support ...

Welcome back ;-)
I believe RCB has an option where you can use skin files from different skins or someone can upload a specific skin version. Since I dont use that addon I will leave it to the community to make a Nox specific version. Beats making a half assed implementation myself Wink
(2013-11-25, 20:31)ReducedToZero Wrote:
(2013-11-23, 21:15)BigNoid Wrote: Here's a teaser for next version:

* Straight edges: Check
* A hint of transparency in panels: Check
* A bucket load of Nox DNA: Check!
hehe nicely said
New landscape view:

Niceeeeeeee
GIT Please...
ASRock Beebox J3160 4GB RAM 120GB SATA SSD - Harmony Elite BT
Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH 4GB RAM 120GB SATA SSD - Harmony Smart Control BT
all @ Libreelec Testbuild
HP N54L @ Ubuntu 14.04.4 Minimal Server / MySQL DB
HP N40L @ Ubuntu 14.04.4 Minimal Server
(2013-11-28, 21:43)john.cord Wrote: GIT Please...

I'm working on a private repo till its in a presentable state.
Good to see big noid at the helm again, welcome back Smile I'm still using the one on the xbmc repo along with 12.2, looking forward to gotham with nox on it Smile I am patient, waiting is fine if it means perfection.
HTPC: Motherboard: Asus F2A85-V, CPU: AMD A10 6800K, RAM: Kingston XMP BEAST 16GB, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, LG CH12NS30 Blu-Ray drive, Samsung, and WD various 2 and 3TB for storage, Windows 8.1, one for all remote/FLIRC, Logitech z906 surround system.
(2013-11-28, 19:49)BigNoid Wrote: New landscape view:

Looks fantastic....

When is the Gotham release going public and stable?

N
Aiming for a stable release when Gotham final is released, but I'm not sure if thats realistic.
(2013-11-29, 00:41)BigNoid Wrote: Aiming for a stable release when Gotham final is released, but I'm not sure if thats realistic.

When is XBMC Gotham expected to be released? N
They're usually released around December - January. Always a awesome Xmas present Smile/
As long as people are posting their enhancement wish list I thought I would add mine. I don't know if you're planning on including cases for the posters but if you do I would like to have option for cases based on file name tags. This would allow video files to have different cases based on the actual video source.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
  • 157(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Aeon Nox 4.0 (FRODO) only14