• 4(current)
Option to set MPlayer OR DVDplayer as the default video player?
holy crap, I'll see what I can do (since I'm completely broke)
k here's what I did.
In the file trunk\XBMC\xbmc\cores\PlayerCoreFactory.cpp, Line 112:
Quote:if (url.GetFileType() == "flv" )
changed to
Quote:if (url.GetFileType() == "flv" || url.GetFileType() == "avi")
I think this forks the logic so it uses the DVD player for either FLV or AVI files. This compiled just fine, the build is running on my system presently. I am running an AVI file, how do I test to see which player is currently in-use?
hmm, when I do the context menu on AVIs and do "Play Using" it says MPlayer is the default, but from my log file:
17:16:16 M: 40038400 NOTICE: DVDPlayer: Opening: smb://192.168.2.3/TVA/Aqua Teen Hunger Force/Aqua Teen Hunger Force - 56 - Dirt Foot.avi
thats on a clean install where I haven't done anything except click the file. So I guess it works?
sleepy, just sent you a PM.

with this build you made it still uses Mplayer for .avi files.

if it helps everyting i watch is either Xvid divx or mpeg-4..but all the files end in .avi.

let me know.
jo2jo Wrote:Index: PlayerCoreFactory.cpp
===================================================================
RCS file: /cvsroot/xbmc/XBMC/xbmc/cores/PlayerCoreFactory.cpp,v
retrieving revision 1.41
retrieving revision 1.42
diff -C2 -d -r1.41 -r1.42
*** PlayerCoreFactory.cpp 3 Jul 2006 11:55:33 -0000 1.41
--- PlayerCoreFactory.cpp 2 Nov 2006 23:18:20 -0000 1.42
*** 96,99 ****
--- 96,105 ----
}

+ // force flv files to default to dvd player
+ if (url.GetFileType() == "flv" )
+ {
+ vecCores.push_back(EPC_DVDPLAYER);
+ }
+
if (url.GetProtocol().Equals("daap") || url.GetProtocol().Equals("upnp")) // mplayer
is better for daap and upnp

[/code]

Is there anyway to switch it back to John's new version of mplayer?

It plays dvr-ms files (much improved, no crashing) and flv files better than dvdplayer.
you need to remove the code that's preceeded with the +'s and then recompile.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
It would be nice to see an option in video settings / player. to select dvd player or mplayer as default player for movies instead of having to press the play using option in the drop down menu every time u want to change players Smile
There used to be an option (not looking at the momment) in the video file dialog (white button) where you should see "Play Using" and you clould select dvdplayer or mplayer, the default for the file type is selected and marked... again if I recall what you set it for will set the file in the database for playing options similar to size etc. so if you set it to mplayer it should play with it when played again unless you remove the database entry or select dvdplayer.

**I see JM commenting
thanks HarshReality the reason i asked for this option to be considered is because i find dvd player plays my xvids alot smother than mplayer and have to
select play using every time i want to watch an xvid its not a big deal selecting play using dvd player but would be nice if i did not have to do it every time i watch a movie thanks again Smile
I would love to see more customization options on the player as well. For example, default player could be chosen on a per directory basis.

I have one directory of streams that require the use of DVDPlayer, and if I accidentally just click select on one of these streams, xbmc will spend 3-4 minutes trying to figure out what to do with it using mplayer.

Not very girlfriend friendly :-)
it could also be configured to use dvdplayer when resolution is over HD HR which mplayer does just fine. 1280x720 (oar movies) plays much much better with DVDPlayer decoder. The sacrifise right now seems to be subtitles and that some files don't start with DVDPlayer
I have a problem.

I try to play a DVD video (from a DVD disc) , and the function "play using...>mplayer" (from any of the IFO or VOB files) doesn't work.

When I press, it don't do nothing.

What's the problem?
Exclamation 
tirapalla Wrote:I have a problem.

I try to play a DVD video (from a DVD disc) , and the function "play using...>mplayer" (from any of the IFO or VOB files) doesn't work.

When I press, it don't do nothing.

What's the problem?
That as noting to do with this feature suggestion topic-thread so please create a new thread in the support forum instead, (and rememeber to post a debug-log, read the wiki manual on how to create and where to find that).
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I would also like to switch the default player from DVDplayer to Mplayer as mplayer seems to handle FLV files better. Is it possible to change the default player used for HTTP commands?
I've had to stop updating XBMC because I'm unhappy that flv's were changed to play with mplayer, when dvdplayer plays them so much better. I also have some mp4 files and other files that i simply renamed to flv, since they play better with DVDplayer. Is there any way to change the default player? Or, at the very least, is there another extension I could use that DVDplayer would handle by default?
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Option to set MPlayer OR DVDplayer as the default video player?1