Dependencies Not Met??

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
PJ_Hooker Offline
Anybody run into this problem while trying to add something from zip (Quartz reloaded theme in my case)?

Got the error pop up while trying to install the skin in raspbmc (used whatever version of rasp the windows installer pulls), also got the same message when trying to do the same with the latest version (r12823) of openelec and again when I rolled back to a known good install I have on a different SD card.

I've tried some fixes that have been posted in other threads, but no joy.
(This post was last modified: 2013-01-11 14:54 by PJ_Hooker.)
find quote
Milhouse Offline
Team-Kodi Member
Turn on debugging, and check your debug log - there should be an explanation of what dependency is not being met.

Could be that the version of the OpenELEC GUI isn't as expected. I tried to install a skin (Aeon MQ4) in an OE nightly on Raspberry Pi from earlier this week and the skin complained about the XBMC GUI not being v3.0, so presumably it's some sub-3.0 level at the moment, and which may not change until final release.

This is the reason for the "Dependency not met" error with Aeon MQ4 and the latest OE nightly:
Code:
23:01:56 T:3042931216   DEBUG: GetZipList - Processing zip://%2fstorage%2fdownloads%2fskin.aeonmq.4-1.7.0.zip/
23:01:58 T:3042931216   DEBUG: Addon skin.aeonmq.4 requires xbmc.gui version 3.00 which is not available

Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(This post was last modified: 2013-01-12 01:09 by Milhouse.)
find quote
Milhouse Offline
Team-Kodi Member
Actually, it looks like xbmc.gui is 4.00 in OE so maybe a problem with the skin?

Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
find quote
Canozzie Offline
Has this been resolved or is there a work around, i am also trying to install MQ4 on the latest nightly with openELEC..?
find quote
miappa Offline
Posting Freak
You can always install manually.
Unzip and put it in addon folder.
find quote
Martijn Offline
Team Kodi
There is a good reason dependencies are not met. That skin will look semi broken when you use it so simply don't.

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forums before posting.
Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, make sure you read this first

For your mediacenter artwork go to
[Image: fanarttv.png]
find quote
relyter Offline
(2013-02-15 13:18)Martijn Wrote:  There is a good reason dependencies are not met. That skin will look semi broken when you use it so simply don't.

Huh? Quartz reloaded (even in Eden version) run perfectly on every alfa/beta/rc of frodo i've tried. On frodo release too.
find quote