What skins are people using??
i use backrow
@nsviper (and anyone else interested in hybrid skin for Pi)

I got it running really smooth now with Hybrid. Have disabled many functions, but I still run everything that I actually want to.
Played around with the overclocking settings (without over voltage) and I now have a really good setup.
It is way snappier than I could hope. Smile
Only tried this on openelec though, when I have time I will try on Raspbmc as well.
I use Metropolis. Simple and nice skin, it works really well with Openelec.
SiO2
Link: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=141960

Great skin for Raspberry not so much crap moving and twirling around as in the standard skins
Is there a tutorial for addi g skins? I'm running xbian
Thanks
(2013-01-16, 04:44)gmartell69 Wrote: Is there a tutorial for addi g skins? I'm running xbian
Thanks

They should either be available via Settings -> Addons to get more skins, or download the zip files and install from zip.
QNAP TS670 NAS - 4x4TB Raided with NFS Support & Central MySQL DB
Pi 3 [Xbian] - Samsung 46" ES7000 Smart TV & HT-E5550 3D BD Sound System
Pi 3 [Xbian]  + Hyperion Ambilight- Samsung 48" Curved UE48JS9000 4k
PowerEthernet T1502 Powerline adapters
Personally running the default confluence with a slight change (i've edited home.xml so that videos goes straight to files as that option was removed for some reason)
Some information regarding skin widget addon which is in included in some skin installs;

As standard skin widget might be set to update playlists every 60 seconds.
This may cause some issues on some Pi´s making video stutter every 60 seconds due to high CPU usage (even though very short).

This can be disabled by changing settings in skin widget addon (not to update every minute).

Hybrid, for example, use this add-on.
(2013-01-18, 23:45)miappa Wrote: Some information regarding skin widget addon which is in included in some skin installs;

As standard skin widget might be set to update playlists every 60 seconds.
This may cause some issues on some Pi´s making video stutter every 60 seconds due to high CPU usage (even though very short).

This can be disabled by changing settings in skin widget addon (not to update every minute).

Hybrid, for example, use this add-on.

I have this issue but I cannot find where to disable the updates. In my case, I have occasional audio dropouts when the skin widget updates.

Where are the settings for the skin widget?
I have quartz running on mine... its fine, but have had to turn off fanart as it was slowing it down.
@aoutospy
System - Addons - Enabled addons - Services - Skin widget
Configure and setup:
Uncheck recommended
Random items to update after database update (or 60min if you can live with that)
Recent to update when you go back to home screen

Or you can just disable skin widget.
Revive...................So Its Been about a year now since last post whats everyone using now?
I try them all.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I have Aeon MQ5 running on mine, perfect for strong customization.
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
In Gotham 13.1 moved from Confluence Mod Vol2 to CCM (Customize Confluence Mod)

Plus I always customize some little things (home strip diffuse value, player OSD with big letters and no progress bar showing)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What skins are people using??0