Frodo final
Whats the holdup for frodo final?
When i look at milestones, i see 2 things that doesnt seem to get fixed..
Whats wrong?
2061 (PR)
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2013-01-16, 13:11)ronie Wrote: 2061 (PR)

Lol read it, buts its chinese for me...
Whats wrong? In common words Smile pls
There's a serious enough BUG in AudioEngine which is blocking release.

uNi
(2013-01-16, 14:26)uNiversal Wrote: There's a serious enough BUG in AudioEngine which is blocking release.

uNi

Is it on all platforms?
It's for Linux. If you're not on Linux then you can download a nightly build (wiki) and you pretty much have Frodo final, more or less.
Sorry to hijack the thread but I've also been keeping an eye on the milestones page and watched the counter go from a few hours to go to 3 days over due. I've been holding off a much needed fresh install of windows as I dont want to install RC3, get it all setup nicely for final to be released and when I install it all my settings be reset and my time wasted.

Ned, I'm going to stay clear on nightly's as I only want to reinstall my HTPC software one more time. Our HTPC has seen more fresh installs than my balls have seen fresh cloth!
Why would you reset your settings? From RC3 to final shouldn't have any impact on your settings, nor should you do a fresh install. Thanks for making me laugh though, but I want to stop thinking about your balls now.
(2013-01-16, 16:27)philzy Wrote: Sorry to hijack the thread but I've also been keeping an eye on the milestones page and watched the counter go from a few hours to go to 3 days over due. I've been holding off a much needed fresh install of windows as I dont want to install RC3, get it all setup nicely for final to be released and when I install it all my settings be reset and my time wasted.

Ned, I'm going to stay clear on nightly's as I only want to reinstall my HTPC software one more time. Our HTPC has seen more fresh installs than my balls have seen fresh cloth!

then you are doing something wrong. Current windows nightly is 99.9% what Frodo final on windows will be.
(2013-01-16, 16:36)Frank-NL Wrote: Why would you reset your settings? From RC3 to final shouldn't have any impact on your settings, nor should you do a fresh install. Thanks for making me laugh though, but I want to stop thinking about your balls now.

Our HTPC was briefly used to salvage the wreckage from a dying hard drive so there is the software from that on there, and since we made the leap from MediaBrowser (WMC) to XBMC I've been pulling our movie library apart so that it works with XBMC and our TV Shows needed overhauling so the database has been cleared, populated, refreshed over and over again whilst I got it working as we wanted it which no doubt will cause me problems down the line as that was one of the main reasons we moved from MB to XBMC. Once I get it setup I'm hoping we can just enjoy using it and updates to the library will be easy now that I understand the naming conventions and folder structures. The less software the better, and the less manhandling I give the software and the database the smoother I'm hoping it will run Tongue

Database rape FTW!! Rofl
(2013-01-16, 16:47)wsnipex Wrote: then you are doing something wrong.

Not so much wrong as using the wrong software to begin with (MediaBrowser + WMC). Most of the fresh installs came from using an old hard drive which became corrupt (2 in fact!), trying to work out how MB functioned, installing rubbish bloated software to try and save another dying hard drive, testing XBMC and then working out how it functioned, trying out Ubuntu....

Once Frodo is on and its database populated I'm hoping the side of the HTPC case can actually stay on! Rofl
Anyone have any info on final release or is it a case of when its ready?
Should be out any time now, Frodo milestone has been closed so wait....

uNi
(2013-01-26, 16:30)uNiversal Wrote: Should be out any time now, Frodo milestone has been closed so wait....

uNi

I can move that milestone to whatever date I want so it's useless.
Every time you add or remove a PR its updated
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Just wondering as I would prefer to install final on my fresh install than RC3 then update
We are literally at the "any day" point. All major blockers have been resolved, so now it's just at internal team testing to make sure we didn't do something embarrassing like forget how to spell XBMC on the splash screen, etc.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Frodo final0