Newbie, with a few technical problems!
Hi guys, (and gals)

I've been reading many posts on here, and am still having a number of problems I am hoping you can help me with.

I'll start with my setup:

XBMC v11, installed in Win7 PC, with mapped drives to media shares on QNAP NAS.
My media is shared via 2 folders, Movies and TV Shows. Each movie sits within its own folder and contains the movie file plus all the other files that get scrapped by Ember Media Manager.
I also have a Raspberry Pi with the latest nightly build on it. XBMC is installed on a USB memory stick. Raspbmc is the OS on class 10 SD card.

The problems:

1. The PC had been working fine, however I am starting to see that I am getting a number of duplicate entries in my movie library. If I delete them they reappear after I restart XBMC. (It's set to auto update library)

2. To get the Pi working I decided to create NFS shares on the QNAP with open security, however neither of them can see the contents of library. It can see the folders fine though. (There is a thread on here for setting up the QNAP which I'll try this weekend)

3. I can get the pi working using SMB, however I have 3 entries for most movies in the library and it only plays about 20 seconds of each movie.

4. I have the remote iPhone app. Works in full on PC, however with the Pi it connects to xbmc but none of the functions work?

So what would be the best approach to get both of these working?
I guess deciding on share type, and whether or not to use the MySQL service on the QNAP would be a good starting point.

Any help would be much appreciated!

P.
would be helpful if you started what XBMC distro you using; XBian, OpenELEC or Raspbmc ?
also, are you connected to network over LAN or WiFi
and maybe more Wink
Good point! I am using Raspbmc and its connected via the LAN not wifi.

O.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Newbie, with a few technical problems!0