• 1(current)
[RELEASE] SABnzbd
SABnzbd

SABnzbd is an Open Source Binary Newsreader written in Python. This is the XBMC addon for managing SABnzbd. It's a continuation of the first SABnzbd addon made by kricker. The code is re-written from scratch using the core functions from Pneumatic.

Requirements
  • XBMC Gotham
  • SABnzbd 0.7.+

Installation
For continuous updates please install my repo or the fusion installer and you will find SABnzbd under program addons. You can also just grab the latest sabnzbd-3.2.0. If you have the "old" addon by kricker, we advice you to uninstall it before proceeding with this.

Instructions
On first start you will get the option to enter your sabnzbd host, port, username, password and API key.

Use:
Go to Programs and run SABnzbd.
Note: Lots of features are hidden in the context menus.

API:

The addon now provides a sabnzbd python module you can use. Check out the pneumatic git for an integration example or post your questions here.

Service
I have now made a service addon allowing xbmc to automatically either pause or speed throttle SABnzbd during media playback. Grab it from my repo.

PS. Thanks Kricker for great feed back and discussions.
Pneumatic | SABnzbd | XBMC that just works - openelec
Nice work! I think this is a major improvement.
Popeye just wanted to say thank you Smile

Grate addon.

Thank you!
Another thanks from me too, missed not controlling Sab from XBMC.
Just adding another thanks!
Thanks popeye, this is a welcome continuation and improvement!
Hi there, is there any way to copy+paste the API key into xbmc to configure this plugin? Some other sab controllers i have used normally retrieve the api key automatically and you only have to put in the username and password. Is that not possible in this instance? Is there any way to do this without manually retyping the entire api key by hand into xbmc? Perhaps a settings file i can modify? I found the default settings xml file in xbmc roaming directory but that doesn't seem to be the right one.

Kind regards
Linden
(2013-01-30, 12:11)Nokoff Wrote: Hi there, is there any way to copy+paste the API key into xbmc to configure this plugin? Some other sab controllers i have used normally retrieve the api key automatically and you only have to put in the username and password. Is that not possible in this instance? Is there any way to do this without manually retyping the entire api key by hand into xbmc? Perhaps a settings file i can modify? I found the default settings xml file in xbmc roaming directory but that doesn't seem to be the right one.

Kind regards
Linden

Well, I havent looked at it (can add it to the #todo list). In sab you can set whatever api key you want, it's just preconfigured with a long random thing. The settings file placement depends on what mode you start xbmc etc so look in the xbmc wiki for how to find it.

The settings file will be in userdata\addon_data\plugin.program.sabnzbd\. As Popeye stated, the userdata folder depends on if you run XBMC in portable mode or not. Refer to the Wiki.
Thanks I already managed to find it before I made my initial post but I can't find an api key string in that file.

Here is where I found mine:
C:\Users\Linden\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.program.sabnzbd\resources\settings.xml

I can see for example <setting id="sabnzbd_ip" type="ipaddress" label="30021" default="127.0.0.1"/>

That would be where i set the default IP but I don't see the correct setting ID for API key. Any help?
That is the wrong file. You need to look in the addon_data folder as I posted earlier. You are in the actual plugin folder, you do not want to mess with those files.

File should look like this:
Code:
<settings>
    <setting id="debug_log" value="false" />
    <setting id="firstrun" value="1" />
    <setting id="sabnzbd_ip" value="" />
    <setting id="sabnzbd_key" value="" />
    <setting id="sabnzbd_pass" value="" />
    <setting id="sabnzbd_port" value="" />
    <setting id="sabnzbd_user" value="l" />
</settings>
Is it a good idea to add a option to Pause/Resume SABnzbd on movie Playback/Stop ?

Before i start trying to create my own service for it i thought maybe it's a good idea to add a option to Pause/Resume SABnzbd on movie Playback/Stop ?
(2013-02-05, 14:49)schumi2004 Wrote: Is it a good idea to add a option to Pause/Resume SABnzbd on movie Playback/Stop ?

Before i start trying to create my own service for it i thought maybe it's a good idea to add a option to Pause/Resume SABnzbd on movie Playback/Stop ?

I have now made a service addon allow you to either pause or speed throttle during media playback. Grab it from my repo since it depends on the sabnzbd addon.
I'm getting a plugin script failure when trying to run the plugin.
I'm sure I configured it correctly

Any ideas?

Thanks
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] SABnzbd1