OS X xbmc 12.0RC3 plays only right channel (stereo)
Hello,

I am wondering why xbmc 12.0RC3 plays only the right channel of the stereo sound for some of my videos.
But when I use MPEG Streamclip 1.9.3b7 or VLC 2.0.5 to watch the video, then I get both channels.

Therefore, the video is OK but xbmc seems to have a bug to my understanding.

Does anyone have an idea how to overcome this problem?

Here are some information from the video stream (from MPEG Streamclip) which may give you some hints

Stream: abc.avi
Pfad: /Volumes/Qmultimedia/Movies/Französisch/abc.avi

Dauer: 1:37:09
Datenmenge: 691.42 MB
Bit Rate: 0.99 Mbps

Video Spuren:
MPEG4 Decompressor (libavcodec), 656 × 272, 23.975 fps, 867 kbps

Audio Spuren:
MPEG Layer-3 Audio stereo, 48 kHz, 128 kbps

Stream Dateien:
abc.avi (691.42 MB)
(2013-01-20, 22:20)ADDL Wrote: Hello,

I am wondering why xbmc 12.0RC3 plays only the right channel of the stereo sound for some of my videos.
But when I use MPEG Streamclip 1.9.3b7 or VLC 2.0.5 to watch the video, then I get both channels.

Therefore, the video is OK but xbmc seems to have a bug to my understanding.

Does anyone have an idea how to overcome this problem?

Here are some information from the video stream (from MPEG Streamclip) which may give you some hints

Stream: abc.avi
Pfad: /Volumes/Qmultimedia/Movies/Französisch/abc.avi

Dauer: 1:37:09
Datenmenge: 691.42 MB
Bit Rate: 0.99 Mbps

Video Spuren:
MPEG4 Decompressor (libavcodec), 656 × 272, 23.975 fps, 867 kbps

Audio Spuren:
MPEG Layer-3 Audio stereo, 48 kHz, 128 kbps

Stream Dateien:
abc.avi (691.42 MB)

Check the speaker configuration and make sure it is set for 2.0.
Kodi 17, Transparency Skin
PogoPlug v4 running Arm Linux 4.4.63 as MySQL (mariadb) server.
Mac OS 10.12.5
2015 27" iMac 3.3 GHz Quad, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
2015 13" Macbook Pro, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD
AppleTV 4 TV OS 10
this is speaker configuration in audio-midi setup in osx - for clarification.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2013-01-21, 13:31)Memphiz Wrote: this is speaker configuration in audio-midi setup in osx - for clarification.

When I upgraded from Frodo RC2 to RC3 and I played a movie I noticed that the audio was heard from the right speaker only. This was not the case with RC2 as the audio was heard from both left and right speakers. It took me a while to figure out that the XBMC speaker configuration was set for 2.1 not 2.0. I changed it to 2.0 and the audio was stereo again. I mention this because maybe this is what the OP is experiencing as well. Also the OP does mention that the issue does not occur with VLC.

By the way, why do I see "Warning Level: 0%" for me? I don't see this for other people. Just curious.
Kodi 17, Transparency Skin
PogoPlug v4 running Arm Linux 4.4.63 as MySQL (mariadb) server.
Mac OS 10.12.5
2015 27" iMac 3.3 GHz Quad, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
2015 13" Macbook Pro, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD
AppleTV 4 TV OS 10
Please try:

http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/osx/...g-i386.dmg
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
had the same problem before , it made me crazy for 2 weeks , i had 2 version of XBMC , one is Eden and the other is Gotham , Eden worked fine but lacks a lot of options , gotham working only on left channel , speakers were 2.0 . it was solved by fixing permissions on the system disk , if it didn't solve it get MainMenuPro and run all the maintanance script they have , restart all the services , check everything in the app . this got mine fixed .
Sorry this is not correct. There is a bug in gotham with channel mapping which leads to the "left speaker only" and "front speakers go to left and back speakers" problems. Reparing the filesystem permissions has nothing to do with it (there might be a different change you did which might have solved it like setting audio-midi-setup to 2 channels for example).

So once again - people with that problem please try the version i linked to.
(2013-10-18, 12:59)Memphiz Wrote: Sorry this is not correct. There is a bug in gotham with channel mapping which leads to the "left speaker only" and "front speakers go to left and back speakers" problems. Reparing the filesystem permissions has nothing to do with it (there might be a different change you did which might have solved it like setting audio-midi-setup to 2 channels for example).

So once again - people with that problem please try the version i linked to.

Fixed for me on my Mac Mini 2011, thanks Memphiz!

And here I thought I was the only one getting the weird rear speaker problem...
Should be Fixed in next nightly...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmc 12.0RC3 plays only right channel (stereo)0