WIP Struggling with Bluetooth keyboard - Request for help
Just in the process of trying out XBian on my Raspberry Pi - so far seems more stable to me than Openelec and Raspbian - haven't had the occasional boot issues I've had with the other 2.

So now I'm trying to get a Bluetooth mini keyboard working with it. The USB BT adapter is available and listed in the console when i run "lsusb", but when I try and run hcitool its saying its not installed.

So I had a look at the guide on http://www.ctheroux.com/2012/08/a-step-b...pberry-pi/ and have followed the instructions on there. I was a bit dubious when running the apt-get install bluetooth bluez-utils blueman it comes up with a massive list of dependancies (about 100) but Xbian still worked fine afterwards. BUT have an issue with the BT keyboard.

BT keyboard works fine in the shell, but doesn't do anything whilst XBMC is running (apart from once out of about 20 attempts where it suddenly worked, then stopped again after a restart)

I have got the BT keyboard and adapter working previously on an HTPC install using XBMC's XBMCbuntu install so I'm ok with running linux commands etc via PuTTY.

Can anyone assist or point me in the right direction?

The reason I'm doing it is to get my Pi with a USB powered hub and a small USB disk drive (Freecom XXS 1TB) and the BT keyboard as a "mobile" media centre - the BT keyboard is incase any TV I plug it into doesn't support HDMI CEC.

Following some help on the Xbain forum, I also followed https://github.com/OpenELEC/OpenELEC.tv/issues/306 but the line they talk about removing ( DisablePlugins=input in bluetooth's main.con) is already commented out.

Help!

Thanks in advance.
QNAP TS670 NAS - 4x4TB Raided with NFS Support & Central MySQL DB
Pi 3 [Xbian] - Samsung 46" ES7000 Smart TV & HT-E5550 3D BD Sound System
Pi 3 [Xbian]  + Hyperion Ambilight- Samsung 48" Curved UE48JS9000 4k
PowerEthernet T1502 Powerline adapters
It seems to be a timing issue.

By the look of it, if I turn on the BT keyboard just before XBMC kicks in (and after you see all the xbian status messaging starting up services etc) then the BT keyboard is available within XBMC.

But power it on too early or once XBMC has started and the BT keyboard doesn't work inside XBMC.

Dunno what to try next Sad looking for any advice!
QNAP TS670 NAS - 4x4TB Raided with NFS Support & Central MySQL DB
Pi 3 [Xbian] - Samsung 46" ES7000 Smart TV & HT-E5550 3D BD Sound System
Pi 3 [Xbian]  + Hyperion Ambilight- Samsung 48" Curved UE48JS9000 4k
PowerEthernet T1502 Powerline adapters
Thank you nsviper Big Grin, I've been struggling with a similar keyboard issue on raspbmc as detailed in this post.

As it turns out my issue is timing as well. As long as I wait to turn on the Logitech K400 keyboard, until any time after the R appears in the center and before XBMC is open, then it works every time without fail!!
HTPC: Dell Optiplex 7050 SFF i7-7700 quad-core, 3.6GHz, 16GB
NAS: Synology DS1813+ and DX513, Hybrid RAID (SHR) 48TB usable space
My Media Center | www.CaptainKen.us | www.YouTube.com/KenInGilbert
I have the same issue with Raspbmc
you can see that the keyboard works in the Unix flavour, under xbmc, but XBMC does not recognize that the keyboard came back frmo sleep Sad (without restart Sad

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Struggling with Bluetooth keyboard - Request for help0