Upgrading questions
I understand that atv1 runs tiger. I have seen various references of people upgrading it to leopard. Has anyone got a guide how to do this and will this still allow me to run the normal atv1 jailbreak.

My objective is to install a downloader either a torrent or nzb.

Thanks.

PS. i was trying to post this thread in off topic but couldn't.
Macmini Server 2011 i7 Quad Core, OS 10.8.2, Amp Onkyo TX-SR308 USB WD drives 3x2TB TV Samsung Plasma 720p EyeTV Integration
There are only 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

You can do that on 10.4. Might be easier to run OpenELEC (wiki) on the ATV1 (wiki), since it has built in options to install and set up torrent clients and nzb clients right within XBMC. Crystalbuntu (wiki) is also a good option on the ATV1, but will require more steps to get torrents and nzb. Both OpenELEC and Crystalbuntu can be ran off of USB drives and leave the normal ATV1 install alone.
Thanks Ned. I wasn't thinking about these options at the time. I'll look at the wiki and pursue the OpenELEC option. I hope that I am able to install it natively because I'd prefer to use the usb for external drives.
Macmini Server 2011 i7 Quad Core, OS 10.8.2, Amp Onkyo TX-SR308 USB WD drives 3x2TB TV Samsung Plasma 720p EyeTV Integration
There are only 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Upgrading questions0