Win Frodo RC3 Playback Stutters
Now this is weird....

Upgraded on Windows 8 from Frodo Beta 1 to RC3 this morning.

Most playback stutters appallingly. Stutters is not the word for it! "Stops, waits seconds, move to next frame, repeat" is a better description. Some however plays OK. I've not yet established any pattern.

I have a mix of BD, HD and SD material in MKVs, TS and ISO files.

Whats needed to help diagnose this please?

Debug log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/39x1fr96swybwx0/xbmc.log

This was captured whilst playing one file with the stuttering and a second without stuttering.

TIA

D2K
Sounds like audio settings - many threads and a sticky here to verify your settings by.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
It was indeed audio settings.

Sorry for time wasting :-)

Thanks for your quick reply though.

Cheers
D2K
Hi dilbert2k,

I am having the same issue as you did. What audio setting was it?

Thanks
(2013-01-28, 02:38)Koosh Wrote: Hi dilbert2k,

I am having the same issue as you did. What audio setting was it?

Thanks
He referred to audio output configs below. If you connected your HTPC directly to HDTV, you can un-check all capable receiver options and try DirectSound instead....

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Hi, I figured out my issue. "Audio output device" was set to DirectSound by default. I changed it to WASAPI, but didn't fix the issue.

My problem was that for some odd reason when Windows 8 was installed it used the windows HDMI driver, even though I installed the full AMD Radeon driver/software afterwards. So I updated the HDMI driver with the video card's HDMI driver and all fixed.

I am using a Denon 3311CI Receiver.

Thanks for the reply.

Koosh

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Frodo RC3 Playback Stutters0