Win Unable to start XBMC after upgrade to Frodo
So I've seen a couple folks post that they also had issues starting XBMC after upgrading from Eden to Frodo, but so far, I've not found anything on how to resolve this problem....

Every time I try to start, I receive the error "XBMC has encountered a problem and needs to close" & asks to send an error report.

Does anyone have ANY help on this? I've spent close to a year getting my system setup the way I & my family wanted & everything was working smoothly, and now I can't even roll back to an install of Eden without receiving the same error upon startup.

Was really looking forward to the stable release of Frodo-- Any help would be very greatly appreciated!
bumping this up, would really rather not have to uninstall/re-install & reconfigure everything from scratch....
so ended up not being an issue with the upgrade, but with version 12 itself... I uninstalled EVERY thing this afternoon, and re-installed v12, and get the same error/crash on startup.
I am having the same issue as well. Everything worked fine in v11 but as soon as I upgraded to v12 it started to crash upon start. I uninstalled v12 and re-installed v11 and it works like a charm still. I hope this is sorted out soon because I am really looking forward to 10-bit videos in XBMC.
glad to know I'm not the only one having these issues... although uninstalling/re-installing doesn't do much either.

I totally removed every file on the machine that was related to XBMC in any way, and did a clean install of v11, and continue to get the crash upon launching the app.

may try to toy around with it some more this weekend, but I'm seriously debating other routes now.....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unable to start XBMC after upgrade to Frodo0