Disable XBMC "stealing" HW Volume buttons?
Is it possible to disable/remap this functionality? I find it extremely annoying that I can't control my system audio anymore (having to cmd+tab just to do that), especially when + / - are so close...

I couldn't find any info on the wiki and I tried looking at the github history but couldn't find any other related commits after this: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/2a07...aa48e42f2e

Cheers,
Andrée
Well the commit you picked up is the right one. Its really hard to predict what annoys users. Sry that this commit/changd annoys you but we did it to sync up with other platfroms where the volume control got into xbmcs hand aswell.

The thinking is - adapt the os volume to the max you wanna have and let xbmc use the range from mute to os volume.

So for frodo you have to take it - maybe i'm kicking some internal discussion on how to handle it (but it doesn't matter how we do this - there will be users who are getting annoyed by our decisions...).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
@Memphiz: No worries, I didn't mean to sound "complainy", it just felt odd to change the behavior so radically without an "escape route" this close to the release. I guess I'll have to survive Smile
I also liked that XBMC did not steal the HW volume buttons.

Quote:The thinking is - adapt the os volume to the max you wanna have and let xbmc use the range from mute to os volume.

If I max up my laptop's volume before starting XBMC I will get all system sounds VERY LOUD from the speaker (for example if a mail is received).

+1 for having a possibility to disable this feature.
I see there are two options here:

1) XBMC takes control of volume commands
2) XBMC lets the OS take control of volume commands

Could both be implemented, and added as an option in the settings, somewhere?
Yea, and while we are at it, lets add another dozen settings to GUI settings and make this even more confusing to setup.
Bah - i hate you all ... *leaves the building ...*
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Make it just for media keys and put the settings in Input Devices. There's almost nothing there. Default to XBMC uses media volume keys.
settings are so annoying to change - but yeah will do ... at some point i feel like doing this slave work Wink
(2013-01-31, 21:24)Memphiz Wrote: Bah - i hate you all ... *leaves the building ...*

Come back Elvis Smile
What actually happens when these keys are pressed? Is it keymappable?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

See https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...SDLMain.mm line 445.

We intercept the OS notifications and map it to a virtual key.
Thanks for considering adding this setting...I watch xbmc on my laptop, and now I need to hit \ to make xbmc not full screen, switch to a different app, change the volume, then switch back to xbmc and maximize Smile
Shortcut - you should be able to Switch Apps without making xbmc windowed (apple+tab - Volume change - apple +Tab) - Even "Show Desktop" might work F11
I spent my day futzing around with this, and I totally (and unexpectedly) SOLVED IT for myself. See this commit and my comments to it: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/6bb5...nt-2551872. You'll have to compile your own XBMC code, but that's not hard. If you're on a Mac, the directions are right here: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/Frodo/docs/README.osx

I can't tell you how excited I was when I hit the Volume Up button and heard that little system-wide chirp. Success!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Disable XBMC "stealing" HW Volume buttons?0