[Release] Picture Slideshow Screensaver

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
sammarbella Offline
Thank you very much for this fantastic addon!

Is there an option to change (rotate) corner position for picture name text each x seconds and/or change font size?
find quote
CaptainKen Offline
Fan
Ronnie, in your next update would you please adjust the file name size shown in lower left to allow for more characters? right now some of mine get truncated. Perhaps you could simply allow the name to use the entire bottom row.

I just finished setting up an old 19" LCD TV with a Raspberry PI as a digital picture frame. I've done a lot of Googling, including looking at Screenly, but raspbmc and this add-on is the perfect solution for pictures stored on local network. Your add-on made it very easy to implement!

I created a How To video here.
http://youtu.be/fmVsnExQBHo

BTW, will new pictures be auto added to slideshow if "enable image cache" is off? Will Rpi choke if cache isn't on?

Thank you!

www.CaptainKen.us
www.YouTube.com/KenInGilbert
My Media Center Pics & Specs
Synology DS1813+ RAID 6 NAS, 22TB useable space

find quote
ronie Online
Team-Kodi Member
(2014-10-08 05:08)sammarbella Wrote:  Thank you very much for this fantastic addon!

Is there an option to change (rotate) corner position for picture name text each x seconds and/or change font size?

nope, addons can't define fontsizes (it's a shortcoming of xbmc).
skins, however, can define their own look and feel of the screensaver window... should they wish to do so.

Always read the Kodi online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
find quote
ronie Online
Team-Kodi Member
(2014-10-08 17:58)CaptainKen Wrote:  Ronnie, in your next update would you please adjust the file name size shown in lower left to allow for more characters? right now some of mine get truncated. Perhaps you could simply allow the name to use the entire bottom row.

I just finished setting up an old 19" LCD TV with a Raspberry PI as a digital picture frame. I've done a lot of Googling, including looking at Screenly, but raspbmc and this add-on is the perfect solution for pictures stored on local network. Your add-on made it very easy to implement!

BTW, will new pictures be auto added to slideshow if "enable image cache" is off? Will Rpi choke if cache isn't on?

Thank you!

i can reserve some additional space for the image title, no problem.
but it won't be full-screen, as a need space to display the image tags as well on the other side of the screen.

if you disable cache, new images will be added automatically, if you enable cache they won't.
i'll rename this setting as it's probably confusing (it does not cache the images itself, but it caches a list of available images)
'create image index' might be better suited, i guess.
...and nope, it shouldn't choke your rPi.

Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
find quote
CaptainKen Offline
Fan
(2014-10-08 18:54)ronie Wrote:  
(2014-10-08 17:58)CaptainKen Wrote:  Ronnie, in your next update would you please adjust the file name size shown in lower left to allow for more characters? right now some of mine get truncated. Perhaps you could simply allow the name to use the entire bottom row.

Thank you!

i can reserve some additional space for the image title, no problem.
but it won't be full-screen, as a need space to display the image tags as well on the other side of the screen.

if you disable cache, new images will be added automatically, if you enable cache they won't.
i'll rename this setting as it's probably confusing (it does not cache the images itself, but it caches a list of available images)
'create image index' might be better suited, i guess.
...and nope, it shouldn't choke your rPi.

Thank you Ronnie for taking the time to provide a detailed response!

www.CaptainKen.us
www.YouTube.com/KenInGilbert
My Media Center Pics & Specs
Synology DS1813+ RAID 6 NAS, 22TB useable space

find quote
sammarbella Offline
(2014-10-08 18:23)ronie Wrote:  
(2014-10-08 05:08)sammarbella Wrote:  Thank you very much for this fantastic addon!

nope, addons can't define fontsizes (it's a shortcoming of xbmc).
skins, however, can define their own look and feel of the screensaver window... should they wish to do so.

Ya i should had remembered about the font size limitation... Frown

Any possibility to add an option to select a different corner than lower right for fanart name position?

Or a rotation option each x seconds/each image (up left, up right, low left, low right and repeat)?
find quote
djoole Offline
Hi there,
I'm trying to point to a network folder with pictures in it, but :

1. if cache is enabled, i get a rolling pointed wheel instead of the pictures
2. if cache is disabled, i get the movies pictures

Here are my logs : http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=317798
(This post was last modified: 2014-10-12 22:56 by djoole.)
find quote
ronie Online
Team-Kodi Member
(2014-10-12 22:48)djoole Wrote:  Hi there,
I'm trying to point to a network folder with pictures in it, but :

1. if cache is enabled, i get a rolling pointed wheel instead of the pictures
2. if cache is disabled, i get the movies pictures

Here are my logs : http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=317798

thx! should be fixed in this version:
https://github.com/XBMC-Addons/screensav...-1.0.5.zip

find quote
djoole Offline
Thank YOU! Smile
Your fix works, and you couldn't be faster, nice one Smile
find quote
sealex Offline
I like this plugin, but could be possible dim also aditional information like information about music or pictures name? There is big difference in electric consuption on my plasma when is everything dimmed or not.
Thanks a lot.
(This post was last modified: 2014-10-14 21:31 by sealex.)
find quote
ronie Online
Team-Kodi Member
(2014-10-14 21:31)sealex Wrote:  I like this plugin, but could be possible dim also aditional information like information about music or pictures name? There is big difference in electric consuption on my plasma when is everything dimmed or not.
Thanks a lot.

yep, makes sense to dim the entire screen.

should be implemented in:
https://github.com/XBMC-Addons/screensav...-1.0.6.zip

feel free to take it for a test spin.

find quote
sealexcz Offline
This is it !!! Thanks a lot. Is it possible time to time change corner of music info or use floating mode?
(This post was last modified: 2014-10-17 08:52 by sealexcz.)
find quote
ronie Online
Team-Kodi Member
(2014-10-17 08:52)sealexcz Wrote:  This is it !!! Thanks a lot. Is it possible time to time change corner of music info or use floating mode?

i'll see if i can make it move around a bit.

find quote