Music has stopped working
Question 
Xbmcbuntu, Frodo

Recently upgraded to v12 and now audio has stopped working for; menu sounds andMusic playback

Whats weird is that it will play TV and Movies just fine. I verified in my asound.conf that all of the settings are the same as they were in Eden. Here's a link to the thread with the issue resolved.

I've rebooted the box a couple times, and it did not seem to help.

Anyone got any suggestions? Tried to find a similar thread but no avail.

Thanks for your help!

Setup:
- nvidia Shield TV Pro
- 8TB Synology DS214play
- 2TB External eSATA

twitter
try editing the ~/.xbmc/temp/advancedsettings.xml file and add the following inside the advancedsettings tags:

Code:
<audio>
<resample>48000</resample>
</audio>
Try pressing the + key to raise volume.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
(2013-02-02, 03:41)Centorix Wrote: try editing the ~/.xbmc/temp/advancedsettings.xml file and add the following inside the advancedsettings tags:

Code:
<audio>
</audio>

I don't have the xml file in that location. Should I create one?

(2013-02-02, 04:08)DDDamian Wrote: Try pressing the + key to raise volume.

It was the first thing I checked. Thanks!
Setup:
- nvidia Shield TV Pro
- 8TB Synology DS214play
- 2TB External eSATA

twitter
@SpiderDice - was assuming encoded formats from your TV shows and movies were okay and music (pcm) was not, so volume was the first suspect. Is that the case - that only encoded formats work and music doesn't? Or that Video files play fine and music files in PAPlayer (the music player in XBMC) don't?
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
(2013-02-02, 05:19)SpiderDice Wrote:
(2013-02-02, 03:41)Centorix Wrote: try editing the ~/.xbmc/temp/advancedsettings.xml file and add the following inside the advancedsettings tags:

Code:
<audio>
</audio>

I don't have the xml file in that location. Should I create one?

I'm surprised you don't have this file at that location. The '~' character represents your home directory. Do you have an advancedsettings.xml in any other location?
The advancedsettings.xml (wiki) file isn't created by default when you install XBMC. It needs to be created manually.
(2013-02-02, 05:27)DDDamian Wrote: @SpiderDice - was assuming encoded formats from your TV shows and movies were okay and music (pcm) was not, so volume was the first suspect. Is that the case - that only encoded formats work and music doesn't? Or that Video files play fine and music files in PAPlayer (the music player in XBMC) don't?

When I start to play a song, I adjust the volume and it says that it is 100%. TV and Movies have audio, but Music and Menu sounds do not.
Setup:
- nvidia Shield TV Pro
- 8TB Synology DS214play
- 2TB External eSATA

twitter
(2013-02-02, 06:05)artrafael Wrote: The advancedsettings.xml (wiki) file isn't created by default when you install XBMC. It needs to be created manually.

Ah - ok. In that case, create a new advancedsettings.xml in that location which looks like this:

Code:
<advancedsettings>

<audio>
</audio>

</advancedsettings>

That solved it for me when I had what sounds like the same issue (see the link below):

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=149773

Hope it works for you too
(2013-02-02, 13:35)Centorix Wrote:
(2013-02-02, 06:05)artrafael Wrote: The advancedsettings.xml (wiki) file isn't created by default when you install XBMC. It needs to be created manually.

Ah - ok. In that case, create a new advancedsettings.xml in that location which looks like this:

Code:
<advancedsettings>

<audio>
</audio>

</advancedsettings>

That solved it for me when I had what sounds like the same issue (see the link below):

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=149773

Hope it works for you too

I created the file, saved it, and then rebooted the box. Once rebooted, I verified that the file and contents were in that location.

Still the same result. Music and menu sounds don't work, but TV and Movies do.
Setup:
- nvidia Shield TV Pro
- 8TB Synology DS214play
- 2TB External eSATA

twitter
It's probably a different problem then. Try enabling debug in XBMC (system settings), then restart XMBC and play a music file. Then post your log file (~/.xbmc/temp/xbmc.log). Upload to xbmclogs.com and paste a link here
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=32183
Setup:
- nvidia Shield TV Pro
- 8TB Synology DS214play
- 2TB External eSATA

twitter
I don't think that this is the problem I was experiencing as I cannot see the same error message in your log. However, I don't think that xbmc is finding your advancedsettings.xml. It is finding one in your profile but the change I recommended is not in it (see the log extract below):

Code:
14:16:46 T:3047668016  NOTICE: No settings file to load (special://xbmc/system/advancedsettings.xml)
14:16:46 T:3047668016  NOTICE: Loaded settings file from special://profile/advancedsettings.xml
14:16:46 T:3047668016  NOTICE: Contents of special://profile/advancedsettings.xml are...
                                            <advancedsettings>
                                              <useddsfanart>true</useddsfanart>
                                              <cputempcommand>cputemp</cputempcommand>
                                              <gputempcommand>gputemp</gputempcommand>
                                              <samba>
                                                <clienttimeout>30</clienttimeout>
                                              </samba>
                                              <network>
                                                <disableipv6>true</disableipv6>
                                              </network>
                                            </advancedsettings>

It may still be worth adding the change to that copy of the advancedsettings.xml and trying it.

Code:
<audio>
</audio>

I thought advancedsettings goes in ~/.xbmc/userdata/
Yes, it needs to go in the userdata (wiki) directory.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music has stopped working0