Bug frodo movie fanart missing when returning to library after playback (mysql)
Hi,

I am sure this must be reported already, since I am observing the issue on three different machines, two on windows and one on linux (openelec) however my searches did not reveal anything

Whenever I play a movie, stop in the middle and return to the library, that movie's fanart is not displayed. the poster is displayed, as well as all the other info. when I go up or down, all the other movies' fanart show up just fine, but not the movie I just played.

If I exit the movie library and re-enter, it shows up again. I tried playing several movies back to back, without exiting the library, and after stopping, all of their fanart were missing (but only the ones I just played)

This happens on both confluency and transparency and on both the frodo rc3 and frodo final on win and openelec.

I am using mysql

Here is a debug log where I play skyfall for a bout a minute and then stop it: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=32510

**UPDATE**

The issue only happens when an auto bookmark is created

If I play a movie for 10 seconds and stop, fanart shows up fine
But if I seek to 1hr and then stop, no fanart

Thanks
(2013-02-03, 23:34)aptalca Wrote: Hi,

I am sure this must be reported already, since I am observing the issue on three different machines, two on windows and one on linux (openelec) however my searches did not reveal anything

Whenever I play a movie, stop in the middle and return to the library, that movie's fanart is not displayed. the poster is displayed, as well as all the other info. when I go up or down, all the other movies' fanart show up just fine, but not the movie I just played.

If I exit the movie library and re-enter, it shows up again. I tried playing several movies back to back, without exiting the library, and after stopping, all of their fanart were missing (but only the ones I just played)

This happens on both confluency and transparency and on both the frodo rc3 and frodo final on win and openelec.

I am using mysql

Here is a debug log where I play skyfall for a bout a minute and then stop it: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=32510

**UPDATE**

The issue only happens when an auto bookmark is created

If I play a movie for 10 seconds and stop, fanart shows up fine
But if I seek to 1hr and then stop, no fanart

Thanks

I too have this problem when running frodo final and aeon nox skin
I also have a similar problem with music fan art as well, one minute
It's there, next it's gone.
Strange?
Hi,

I removed the source, re-added it and scanned it to the library. This seems to have solved this problem for me. Checked a few movies and the problem seems to be gone.

Hope this helps.
What about the watched status? Did you lose it?
My watched status is still shown correctly. I was a bit surprised by that.
I did the same thing. Removed source and all entries in that path. Then rescanned. I set up trakt.tv to make sure I could sync the watched statues later on.

However, the problem is still there.
Sorry, I was wrong.

I still have the issue as well. However, movies that would consistently lose their fan art, now seem to work fine, but others are now showing the problem. This is why i thought the problem had been resolved.

As well as stopping (and having a bookmark created) in the middle, if i watch a movie all the way through, the fan art will disappear.

It doesn't do it for all movies, many work fine.
The ONLY case where this will happen is if there's a real slow update that updates that particular item. All other items will be fine. To "fix" the problem, just navigate out then back in to the folder.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Hey JM,

im seeing something a little different than you describe. the problem is not isolated to a particular item (video). im experiencing this on multiple videos in the library. navigating out to the main menu and back again only fixes the problem till i play the video again, at which time the fan art disappears again. its not 100% consistent...sometimes the fan art shows up after i stop the video.

ill keep playing around with it, maybe i have something setup incorrectly.
Right, but only for the one video you played, right? All other videos that you didn't play are just fine still.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

Oh, i see what you mean...yes, only one video will be missing it's fan art at a time.
IronJester, in my case it happens whenever a resume point (auto bookmark) is created.

If you play the first few seconds of a video and stop, no resume point is created. Therefore I get no missing fanart issue.

But if you fast forward to >4min and stop, a resume point is created and fanart disappears. Can you test to see if that is what's happening for you as well?

In other words, if fanart disappears, next time you play the video it should ask you about resume, if fanart does not disappear, it shouldn't ask you to resume and start playing from the start immediately.
aptalca,

yes, this seems to be the case for me as well. if a resume point is created, the fan art (might) disappear. however it is not consistent. sometimes the fan art disappears, sometimes it doesn't. for some movies, it never disappears.

it has not happened if i only play the first few seconds of the movie, as you mentioned.

also, if i play a movie through to the end (so the watched status is checked), the fan art sometimes disappears.
Yes, it's because the resume point (or marked as watched for that matter) create a background job that updates the item details. If that happens to complete after the background thumbloader has done their thing, and overrides the setting of art.

Whether it happens on a particular machine is basically timing.

Ahh that makes sense. So it's attributable to the delay caused by mysql?

Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
frodo movie fanart missing when returning to library after playback (mysql)0