Linux How do i make a short cut like this one?
So i saw this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZU-DW-RP_k and if this works i could totally replace mediaportal with xbmc, i already have it installed in my ubuntu htpc but i dont seem to get around on how to make this happen, my anime folder is on a nass i ger access to through Samba.
Can anyone tellme how to do so step by step? i am new to this and i would love to have my anime scrapped like that too. I read something about smartplaylist but i dont know how to make those.
Oh i am running Aeon Nox skin btw.
Thanks in advance!
we have a video for that in [FAQ] section Rolleyes
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
thanks Smile il see if i can make it work @.@ spent all day ytd just trying to make xbmc find my samba server
The video in thew faq doesnt help me, if i do it that way i only see the local drives not the ones on my router >.>
BUMP T.T
#1 Don't bump posts because no one replied after half an hour.
#2 The smart playlist allows you to use directories or shared directories as sources
Please do not bump your own thread after only 37 minutes! I already closed your other cross-posted thread. You obviously have not read the Forum_rules (wiki). Please do so now. Thanks.
I just cant find any guide that will work T.T i have been at it for a week now with no avail, i just want to create a folder like tv shows but using anime instead of tv shows. i tried using Smartplaylist and the only thing that shows up is my c and d drive, and since my media is on a NAS i have to go through Samba. I set it up alright for movies and TV Shows but every time i try to set up another shortcut named anime i dont know which settings to chose. I saw that video on youtube and that's exactly how i would want to do it but the guy doesnt reply to my question...

Sorry about the double post i tought i put it in the wring section, and bump didnt know the rules.

Thanks!
Do you have your anime added as a source(scraped) into xbmc like you did with movies/tv?
How do i do that? when i did for movies i went to Movies>...>...>Files>Add Videos>
Browse>Windows Network(SMB)>Media>HDMovies

pressed enter and did all by itself. I tried to do it with anime folder but when i did the subfolders would show up, it didnt come out scrapped or with banners and posters..
Same sort of process. Add Videos, select a directory(local or not) and give it a name. After that, the next screen will ask for the type of files(movies, tv, music videos). Choose and change any options(if needs be).
I am doing that but it si not scrapping the folder at all, all it shows is the subfolders 480p, 720p, 1080p etc and subfolders for each anime, but no info about them at all.... if i could scrapp this i think i could get iit working but its not. when it says that its scrapping all it finds shows scannig are those 3 folders i mentioned above bot not the subfolders with the anime in it..
i just noticed that on the subfolders the setting selected folder has a single tv show is marked for 460p, 702p etc so that might be why is not scrapping properly. How do i make it scan all subfolders by default?

unselected this option all the way till the folder of one of the anime and it worked like a charm, but just for that one anime, i cant think of going through all 500 + folders to do this, is there a way to deactivate this option?
Under videos, change the content of the folder to disable that "select folder contains a single tv show" option. After that scan the folder for new content. It should loop through everything in it and hopefully find all your media.

Also, that option isn't enabled by default...
well it is enabled in all the sub-folders for some reason and it is whats making the scrapper not find anything, there is no way im gonna go through 500+ folders to disable that on each one of em T.T the parent directory is disabled but the rest aren't. I have tried multiple times adding the source and it keeps on doing the same.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How do i make a short cut like this one?0