Disable Radio view in Live TV tab.
Sorry if this has been asked but I spend a decent amount of time searching for this. I am on Frodo w/ XBMCbuntu (Eden 11.10 build).

I have 2x TV tuners (stripped down hvr-1800) that do not have radio tuners so i will never be able to use the radio. Is there a way to hide the radio view in live TV, maybe via advancesettings.xml or a skin setting?
nope
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
to have that view disabled is a skin option. it is disabled by default in the metroplis skin (i had to edit some of the skin files when i tried it out, so i'd have radio functions).

another way to "circumvent" the radio tab would be to edit your keymap/keyboard.xml:

<epg>XBMC.ActivateWindowAndFocus(MyPVR, 31,0, 10,0)</epg>
<tv>XBMC.ActivateWindowAndFocus(MyPVR, 32,0, 11,0)</tv>
<radio>XBMC.ActivateWindowAndFocus(MyPVR, 33,0, 12,0)</radio>
<recordings>XBMC.ActivateWindowAndFocus(MyPVR, 34,0, 13,0)</recordings>
<timers>XBMC.ActivateWindowAndFocus(MyPVR, 35,0, 14,0)</timers>

just asign a key/remote button to the functions you want and add them to the <global>-section of your xml file. if the keys have other functions in one of the submenu segments, that function will override the global setting in that submenu. Smile

if you are using a skin that allows alot of customization, you can probablly disable the "Live TV" entry in the main menu and access your desired tabs via the newly assigned buttons/keys.

hope that helps you out a bit.
Yes, it's just easy

Go into the xbmc/addons/skin.confluence/720p folder and remove following lines (marked with -) in file MyPVR.xml and IncludesHomeMenuItems.xml. Don't forget to make a backup of thees two files Wink

Code:
--- MyPVR.xml-orig      2013-02-17 14:26:41.000000000 +0100
+++ MyPVR.xml   2013-02-18 18:24:06.373706116 +0100
@@ -161,16 +161,6 @@
                                        <include>ButtonCommonValues</include>
                                        <label>19023</label>
                                </control>
-                               <control type="button" id="33">
-                                       <description>Radio Channels</description>
-                                       <posx>0</posx>
-                                       <posy>40</posy>
-                                       <textwidth>235</textwidth>
-                                       <include>ButtonCommonValues</include>
-                                       <label>19024</label>
-                                       <onleft>12</onleft>
-                                       <onright>12</onright>
-                               </control>
                                <control type="button" id="31">
                                        <description>TV Guide</description>
                                        <posx>0</posx>
--- IncludesHomeMenuItems.xml-orig      2013-02-17 14:26:41.099979779 +0100
+++ IncludesHomeMenuItems.xml   2013-02-18 18:22:20.757949704 +0100
@@ -258,13 +258,6 @@
                        <onclick>Setfocus(32)</onclick>
                        <onclick>Setfocus(11)</onclick>
                </control>
-               <control type="button" id="90143">
-                       <include>ButtonHomeSubCommonValues</include>
-                       <label>19024</label>
-                       <onclick>ActivateWindow(PVR)</onclick>
-                       <onclick>Setfocus(33)</onclick>
-                       <onclick>Setfocus(12)</onclick>
-               </control>
                <control type="button" id="90144">
                        <include>ButtonHomeSubCommonValues</include>
                        <label>19163</label>
Kodi 18.6 @ openSUSE 13.1 x86_64 - Asus E35M1-I DELUXE | 8GB Ram | 240G 2.5" SSD
Kodi 20.2 on 1st Raspberry Pi B @ XBian | Kodi 20.2 on Raspberry Pi 3B+ @ XBian | Kodi 21a2 on Raspberry Pi4B @ XBian | Kodi 19.0 on SolidRun i.MX6 @ XBian
VDR 2.4.5 & Tvheadend4.3-1917 (for recording) on Cubieboard2 @ Debian Buster
yeah ok, removing it from the skin obviously works Smile but it's not available via some setting, which is what i meant when saying "nope"
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
(2013-02-19, 00:40)dushmaniac Wrote: yeah ok, removing it from the skin obviously works Smile but it's not available via some setting, which is what i meant when saying "nope"

that's what i was trying to convey by saying it was skin option. Smile

Nachteules method works, as long as the skin or xbmc (when using the confluence skin) isn't updated. once that happens, you're back to square one.

the op could always ask a skinner to add that option to his/her skin. it's doable, but i think most skinners would view it as unneeded clutter in already rather complex skins. Smile
For people using the Aeon MQ4 skin you can remove this by editing the IncludesTopMenu.xml file in the xbmc/addons/skin.aeonmq.4/720p/ folder.
Just remove the following lines to remove the Radio channels button.

</control>
<control type="button" id="33"><!-- Radio Channels -->
<include>TopMenuTopButton</include>
<label>19024</label>
<ondown>12</ondown>
</control>

I also removed the Search button the same way as I never use that either and now all the relevant buttons I do actually use, fit in one screen, so I don't have to scroll through the top menu anymore, which in MQ4, is a bit of a nuisance t.b.h.
Smile 
(2013-02-12, 00:16)BrooksyX Wrote: ...
I have 2x TV tuners (stripped down hvr-1800) that do not have radio tuners so i will never be able to use the radio. Is there a way to hide the radio view in live TV, maybe via advancesettings.xml or a skin setting?

What country are you from? Most countries in Europe (and the US) have switched to digital broadcast so you get the radio alongside the TV channels in the multiplex you are receiving. Analogue TV reception is becoming quite rare. I'm just curious Smile Is this analogue cable TV you are referring to?
Odroid N2+ and Venz V10Pro (S905X), Sony DN1080 AVR, Samsung 49" LCD, Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers
(2013-03-14, 00:44)fat-tony Wrote:
(2013-02-12, 00:16)BrooksyX Wrote: ...

What country are you from? Most countries in Europe (and the US) have switched to digital broadcast so you get the radio alongside the TV channels in the multiplex you are receiving. Analogue TV reception is becoming quite rare. I'm just curious Smile Is this analogue cable TV you are referring to?

No I just use digital over the air. But I wont use radio anyways.

Thanks, ill look into the skin xml settings. That what I was asking about.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Disable Radio view in Live TV tab.0