Pictures sorted by "Date Taken"
Hello!

I have looked for this feature for long but I think it's not present in Frodo either. But since xbmc is hugely customizable, I want to know if this is possible or not.

Here's how my pictures are in a lot of cases. Let's say there is an event like my son's birthday. I get photos of the event from more than one camera (assume camera clocks are in sync). One camera has filenames like P10XXXXX.jpg. Another has DSCXXXXX.jpg. Yet another has IMG_XXXX.jpg. I put them all in a single folder. I also typically tag them in Picasa - not in a single session. The latest Picasa modifies the "file modified" timestamp for every tag change and I agree with this strategy. So, I have all these files with varying random order timestamps.

I would now like to see a slideshow of all images from all cameras in the order of date/time the photo was taken. I know the EXIF information is still valid and other tools (like picasa or irfanview) show me the slideshow in exif order. In frodo, with "Pic thumbs" view + sorted by Date, I see the exif date on the right side but the sort appears to be based on file modified date. Am I correct?

Can I view my photos with exif date order? I do not want workarounds like renaming files or modifying timestamps with tools that can do this. It will just increase the amount of work, affect my years of photos and also affect the other tools that I use.

Please help.
sorry to bump. please help...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Pictures sorted by "Date Taken"0