XBMC Noob with a few questions
Greetings. Ex- my movies user coming to XBMC and LOVING it! I've used XBMC in the past but not exclusively. I have a couple of questions about movies and importing them as well as various views.

1. Is it possible to import My Movies xml into XBMC?

2. Since I have trailers and (some) extras in my movie directories, the import picks up these files and lists them as duplicate movies. How do I change this to specifically pick up folder (movie title) only?

3. I prefer the 'Wall" view. Is there any way to adjust the setting of this view? Ideally, I would like to make the case images larger.

4. How would I use/choose "Blu-Ray" type images for all movie cases?

5. Is it possible in the wall view to click on a movie image and (rather then immediately launch the movie) be taken to a movie image screen?

Thank you (much) in advance.
AnybodyHuh
60 people have viewed this and not one answer. Please excuse my ignorance but am I asking stupid questions?
Be patient. This forum is global so people that know the answers to your queries may not have seen them yet, and this is posted in the windows forum so you only have a subset of knowledgeable people viewing it. And its poor form to bump within 24 hours.

In answer (somewhat) to your questions

1. What is My Movies xml? XBMC can only import XBMC specific xml and nfo files. look at the wiki for more details about importing
2. you can exclude items from the scan but it would be quite difficult to do with extras. Trailers should be pretty straight forward if they are named correctly - see the wiki for naming conventions. There are a number of posts on thw forums that answer this issue, and further details in the wiki. Search the general help forum
3. This is skin dependent. Try different skins or modify a skin that you like
4. As above
5. I'm not sure what you are after here. What do you mean by movie image screen? Are you wanting to see the info for the movie or view the fanart or something else
Openelec on ASRock ION 330 / Kodi on Win 7 PC
(2013-02-20, 06:42)rocketpants Wrote: Be patient. This forum is global so people that know the answers to your queries may not have seen them yet, and this is posted in the windows forum so you only have a subset of knowledgeable people viewing it. And its poor form to bump within 24 hours.

In answer (somewhat) to your questions

1. What is My Movies xml? XBMC can only import XBMC specific xml and nfo files. look at the wiki for more details about importing.
MY Movies is another application and although I have looked at the wiki, it's a bit unclear (at least to me) on this.

2. you can exclude items from the scan but it would be quite difficult to do with extras. Trailers should be pretty straight forward if they are named correctly - see the wiki for naming conventions. There are a number of posts on thw forums that answer this issue, and further details in the wiki. Search the general help forum.
Thanks, I'll do that. Essentially, all I want to do is have movie title folders picked up in the library. If I have a folder titled, The Avengers and it has a movie file and 5 extra's files, I would like the library to list the movie title once and then have the option to chose which file I would play from there.

3. This is skin dependent. Try different skins or modify a skin that you like
4. As above
5. I'm not sure what you are after here. What do you mean by movie image screen? Are you wanting to see the info for the movie or view the fanart or something else.
Sorry, I meant movie info. Example, I click on movie title/image and rather then immediately launching the movie, I'm brought to a movie info screen.
For #5, go to System Settings>Video>File lists, then change the "Default selection action" to "Show information". But this will effect other addons as well.
Hope that's what you were going for.
(2013-02-20, 17:03)zeppelin0291 Wrote: For #5, go to System Settings>Video>File lists, then change the "Default selection action" to "Show information". But this will effect other addons as well.
Hope that's what you were going for.

Thanks for that. Yes, that is the idea but (ideally) I would like it to automatically default (rather then choose) to the info panel. I'm assuming that is not possible?
#5 is a option under file lists:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Set...File_lists
(2013-02-20, 17:25)live4ever Wrote: #5 is a option under file lists:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Set...File_lists

Definitely a "duh" moment seeing that as a third option. Thank you much!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Noob with a few questions0