Can't remove XMBC - trying to delete and reinstall
Hi - I have problems with deleted sources still populating the database, so I would like to try to remove and reinstall XBMC. When I issue the command "apt-get remove org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2", instead of receiving the prompt to delete, I see the following:

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
You might want to run `apt-get -f install' to correct these:
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
beigelist: Depends: mobilesubstrate (>= 0.9.3353-1) but it is not going to be installed
com.nito.nitotv: Depends: mobilesubstrate but it is not going to be installed
com.nito.updatebegone: Depends: mobilesubstrate but it is not going to be installed
com.rrr.rowmotehelper-atv2: Depends: mobilesubstrate but it is not going to be installed
com.saurik.substrate.safemode: Depends: mobilesubstrate (>= 0.9.3367+38) but it is not going to be installed
com.whatanutbar.exposed: Depends: mobilesubstrate but it is not going to be installed
E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt-get -f install' with no packages (or specify a solution).

Then if I try 'apt-get -f install', it tries to install mobilesubstrtate and ends with the following:

The following NEW packages will be installed:
mobilesubstrate
0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 1 not upgraded.
Need to get 0B/108kB of archives.
After this operation, 0B of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]? Y
(Reading database ... 5855 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace mobilesubstrate 0.9.4001 (using .../mobilesubstrate_0.9.4001_iphoneos-arm.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement mobilesubstrate ...
Setting up mobilesubstrate (0.9.4001) ...

And nothing is installed.

Any help would be appreciated.
Ok - so I have NO sources for TV Shows in my library, all have been removed. However, in the log, it appears to be scanning all three previous (deleted) sources. "LS-QL1A9", "192.168.1.100", and "ls-QL1A9". When a new show is downloaded, it is added to the library 3 times.

Any help is appreciated...

http://pastebin.com/zBAGB31b
Try deleting the content in /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata and all your settings will be rebuilt as if you did a fresh install Wink
Just clean your library after removing the sources. I bet they are still in your library database.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Thanks for the responses.

Memphiz - I have cleaned the database several times and the "removed" sources persist. I also added the source back, cleaned, removed the source and cleaned again.

I seem to have fixed it by deleting the *.db files and I also reinstalled XMBC using the "-force" option mentioned by Ned in one thread, although I am not sure this did anything (it was fast). I then re-added the source and now have one entry for each file. I think deleting the database files fixed it, but don't understand why. I looked at the source XML files and they were correct and the "removed" sources were not listed, so I don't know why the scan was continuing to look in all 3 places. As a final step I will re-run a log and see that the scan is only running once. If it is still scanning the "removed" sources, I will delete the 'userdata' content, also.
This is a real nightmare this whole deleting sources issue, it's been driving me nuts for weeks and I don't want to delete and reinstall as Ive spent ages setting my xbmc up. It's impossible to get xbmc on atv2 to forget deleted sources. Please, please fix this you awesome developers! I've even updated to nightly builds but that's just made things worse cos some of my old sources were afp's and they crash atv2 now for some reason. I need to be able to add and remove sources as I'm experimenting with best/fastest options.
hehe no...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
(2013-03-21, 00:06)Memphiz Wrote: hehe no...
Lol fare enough...
I have been doing loads of testing on network sources and shares from NAS drives, iMac SMBUP shares, afp shares, shares on connected drives on my 2 ATV2's one on the latest build and one on Frodo 12 (wizard version). I feel like I should be logging the results somewhere to help.

What's the process?
AFP (wiki) is broken by nature for 50% of users
SMBUp is not needed anymore since 12.1 (maybe we have to update the wiki not sure what the current state there is).
NFS seems broken to those who are not able to setup the nfs server in a right way or are using linux distributions where distributors just package the wrong libnfs Version with xbmc(but it's not broken)
SMB seems broken for those which are using Windows 7 and newer as a server and didn't turn on backward compatibility ntlm auth
FTP seems broken for those who use it
SSH is slow because ist encrypted and most NASes or XBMC frontends are low on ponies
WEBDAV <- broken http shit by design

If nothing of this is what you are trying to document - go on with the last point

last point: if its only about crashing/ranting/nagging - note it on a white sheet of paper and hold a lighter below it until it starts feeding the fire by itself ... Wink

This all has to be taken with a lot of salt on it and a smile...
Thanks for the response Memphiz. Do you know the fastest, least likely to buffer share type to use, NFS? Smbup share from a wifi imac to a cat5 atv2 is performing better than a cat5 Qnap nas samba share to a cat5 atv2. You would think the latter would be better but it's a lot worse. I would assume the nas was the issue and can't handle the 1080p content, but 1080p through Twonky media server on the nas plays ace on the atv2 (upnp), but with that route you can't use a scraper to add to your library.
nfs

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't remove XMBC - trying to delete and reinstall0