Merge libshairport patches into libshairport project
Presently, there are 11 patches for libshairport in the xbmc trunk (lib/libshairport/*.patch).

I would like to propose that these be merged into the libshairport project, and a new version of libshairport be tagged.

The rationale for this is that libshairport has it's own package on a number of linux distributions so far, most of which pull the source for libshairport, then apply the patches in the XBMC trunk. By ensuring these patches are merged into libshairport, it would simplify the process of getting the latest version of libshairport, it would help push it's adoption as a standalone library (rather than something that would only be used by XBMC), and provide a clearer separation of concerns between XBMC and libshairport.

It has been indicated to me that this is the best place to open the discussion to such changes, I apologize for the misclassification of this forum thread.
The packages done for all linux distributions are done using this tree (at least the debian based ones):

https://github.com/amejia1/libshairport/commits/master

that has all the patches incorporated in. The stuff in lib/libshairport is for internal usage (when we hack on that lib).

Btw libshairport will be superseeded by libshairplay (which has an upstream maintainer and which we are already using on windows). The libshairport is more like a hack - because mainly its deadcode without upstream dev.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Thank you for clearing up my confusion there, I saw a few cases where libshairport was identified as an external dependency for xbmc, and I appear to have made some faulty assumptions as a result of that. I'll see to it that this gets handled according to this information in the package I'm tinkering on.

Is this the shairplay that's eventually going to be included? https://github.com/juhovh/shairplay if not, could you provide a link to the correct upstream, largely for my own curiosity.

Thank you
correct...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Merge libshairport patches into libshairport project0