• 9(current)
WIP PseudoTV Skin
(2013-03-07, 03:23)SynthLover Wrote: @tman12 - my tv show/movie logo is only fixed on the item currently running. It doesn't change even if I scroll to different shows in the epg. Will this be incorporated in the final release or is it a bug.

I was actually going to ask the same question. Would it be possible for the Clearart to change as you scroll through the guide. So that instead of displaying what is currently playing it would display what ever you happen to be scrolling over. Much like how the default Aeon Nox PsuedoTv skin will display the logo in bottom left of the screen for whatever channel you happen to be scrolling over at the moment? If I'm not explaining this clearly just let me know and I'll post some pictures that show what I'm talking about.
my logo problem is fixed. i had reinstalled pseudotv and forgot to paste the logos.Silly me!!
(2013-03-07, 09:11)ARYEZ Wrote: I was actually going to ask the same question. Would it be possible for the Clearart to change as you scroll through the guide. So that instead of displaying what is currently playing it would display what ever you happen to be scrolling over. Much like how the default Aeon Nox PsuedoTv skin will display the logo in bottom left of the screen for whatever channel you happen to be scrolling over at the moment? If I'm not explaining this clearly just let me know and I'll post some pictures that show what I'm talking about.

I think that's a good idea.
Quote:Thanks I would like to include your work as my default theme for my plugin... let me know if that's okay...

No problem man, anyone can use it for anything they want. It's an open project, I'm very interested in your fork as well and I look forward to playing around with it.

(2013-03-07, 09:11)ARYEZ Wrote:
(2013-03-07, 03:23)SynthLover Wrote: @tman12 - my tv show/movie logo is only fixed on the item currently running. It doesn't change even if I scroll to different shows in the epg. Will this be incorporated in the final release or is it a bug.

I was actually going to ask the same question. Would it be possible for the Clearart to change as you scroll through the guide. So that instead of displaying what is currently playing it would display what ever you happen to be scrolling over. Much like how the default Aeon Nox PsuedoTv skin will display the logo in bottom left of the screen for whatever channel you happen to be scrolling over at the moment? If I'm not explaining this clearly just let me know and I'll post some pictures that show what I'm talking about.

Without messing with the program's code this is not possible, trust me I wouldn't be messing with "On Now" if I could easily get some artwork while scrolling but since the only artwork option is what is playing I figured it was better than nothing.Now the logo I can do, but we'll see. I'm hoping Zep can clean it up a bit and see what his input looks like.
Love this skin! Played with it for a few hours last night. When I'm using aeon nox , I got it all perfect. Shrunk down the logos a bit to make them all fit, solved my clear art issues (some shows art was only associated with 1 season of the series), changed the fade speed a bit. The coding is so much cleaner than the other skins which is good because I'm a tinkerer.

Anyhow, the only thing I can't figure is when I change to the transparency skin, the background boxes behind the shows in the guide change. In aeon they are dark blue with white text and in transparency it is 1 large grayish box with no seperation between shows. The highlight color is even different, its bright blue! I know this was designed in aeon, but i love the home menu in transparency. Any ideas? I don't even know where to start.
(2013-03-07, 16:15)mrgrossm Wrote: Love this skin! Played with it for a few hours last night. When I'm using aeon nox , I got it all perfect. Shrunk down the logos a bit to make them all fit, solved my clear art issues (some shows art was only associated with 1 season of the series), changed the fade speed a bit. The coding is so much cleaner than the other skins which is good because I'm a tinkerer.

Anyhow, the only thing I can't figure is when I change to the transparency skin, the background boxes behind the shows in the guide change. In aeon they are dark blue with white text and in transparency it is 1 large grayish box with no seperation between shows. The highlight color is even different, its bright blue! I know this was designed in aeon, but i love the home menu in transparency. Any ideas? I don't even know where to start.

My guess is that transparency either has pseudo scripts or there is a skin already for it in the skins folder under pseudotv addon folder. Go to the transparency skin folder probably called 1080i and search for pseudo and you will probably see xml files. You could always delete all of the other skin folders in PTV as well.
Looks great. are you going to release the channel logo pack with the skin? currnetly mine is empty in that box.
(2013-03-07, 17:40)hewligun Wrote: Looks great. are you going to release the channel logo pack with the skin? currnetly mine is empty in that box.

C'mon man, this is now the third post of the logo pack in this thread. I didn't create these logos and they aren't mine but they can be found http://www.slingfile.com/file/WRnRpLEYsl or just by searching for Milkman's Guide. Pretty much anything you would have to ask about setting up the program can be found in Milkman's Guide, he breaks everything down from start to finish. I read pretty much the whole thing before setting up my PTV.
Hi Tman12,

First of all awesome work!! I think I speak for all here when I say your hard work is more than appreciated Blush

I have tried out your skin and it is everything I hoped for. I just wanted to chime in and say what others before me have already said. The info screen doesn't show for me. (When something is playing and you press "I" ) I just get the default.

I also love and agree with previous poster/s that the fade effect time needs to be reduced by 50%.

As mentioned before by others on the main guide my channel logos are overlapping each other. One thing nobody has mentioned is next to where the channel logos are the channel number text turns to dots when it gets to triple figures e.g

..I also hope you will keep the logos in the EPG rather than change it to text only. I was rather hoping you would continue along the Aeon Nox approach as far as setting the bar. Your skin is already the first to incorporate clearart Big Grin (If I am not mistaken).

One last thing, if you need to change code in PTV itself why don't you reach out to creator Jason102 and see if he can put the changes you need into his stable-pre version. Then maybe you can do fallbacks for certain images with text. Such as if you dont have any channel logo it will fallback to text. Also with images if you dont have clearart it will fallback to logo if no logo text.
I'm glad people like it, I don't think most users understand how much time really goes into these things - I had no clue myself. I can't imagine creating something like Aeon-nox with how much time must be involved. I think some of you guys didn't read my first "release" post, I guess most people just wanted to jump right in and start playing. I'm only testing the guide at this point, like I stated in the test release post you will have the default info screen for now until I sit down and get it worked out and we come to an agreement on the look of it.

Fade effect - I've noticed that it does take a little too long, I love the effect and definetly wanted to incorporate it with the skin but I will reduce the effect accordingly.

Channel numbers - This is probably a sizing issue, I will go in and correct that - sorry I don't have that many channels while testing (I figured this could be a problem) easy fix though

I can reach out to Jason but I really doubt he will have much interest in rewriting to my specs, I would personally rather see the artwork while scrolling than worry with the logos or fallbacks since those are more user issues.

Maybe I will try to get another test release out tonight and fix some of the bugs.
tman, might I suggest updating your first post with the "beta release" and info about it as well as the link to the channel logos? This structure may be closer to how many skins and add-ons are organized. It may save you a ton of time with people asking those questions over and over. I know I am used to going to the first post to see the most current download links. Maybe people will search there before asking? I believe the Pseudotv thread is laid out like that. It's easier than going through every page looking for the answers to the "common" questions. And this thread may get really long! Smile
(2013-03-07, 19:42)tman12 Wrote: I'm glad people like it, I don't think most users understand how much time really goes into these things - I had no clue myself. I can't imagine creating something like Aeon-nox with how much time must be involved. I think some of you guys didn't read my first "release" post, I guess most people just wanted to jump right in and start playing. I'm only testing the guide at this point, like I stated in the test release post you will have the default info screen for now until I sit down and get it worked out and we come to an agreement on the look of it.

Fade effect - I've noticed that it does take a little too long, I love the effect and definetly wanted to incorporate it with the skin but I will reduce the effect accordingly.

Channel numbers - This is probably a sizing issue, I will go in and correct that - sorry I don't have that many channels while testing (I figured this could be a problem) easy fix though

I can reach out to Jason but I really doubt he will have much interest in rewriting to my specs, I would personally rather see the artwork while scrolling than worry with the logos or fallbacks since those are more user issues.

Maybe I will try to get another test release out tonight and fix some of the bugs.
I cant speak for anyone else but the work you have put in is amazing and I am stoked on this. Thanks again for all your hard work.
(2013-03-07, 22:40)tommymsw Wrote: tman, might I suggest updating your first post with the "beta release" and info about it as well as the link to the channel logos? This structure may be closer to how many skins and add-ons are organized. It may save you a ton of time with people asking those questions over and over. I know I am used to going to the first post to see the most current download links. Maybe people will search there before asking? I believe the Pseudotv thread is laid out like that. It's easier than going through every page looking for the answers to the "common" questions. And this thread may get really long! Smile

Very good suggestion, I really did mean to do that on my first post but I think I just forgot. I went ahead and updated the first post, it's also good to get the original look off of the first page as well so people don't start asking about it. Tongue

Like I've said before, if any skilled skinners want to use some of my work to pretty this thing up it might be faster than me doing it. hint hint Phil Big Grin Otherwise I will chug away with my limited coding skills until we can get this thing as good as possible.
Link in first post updated, smaller channel logos and reduced the fade effect. Give some feedback.
Just one question : Why created this topic under Aeon Nox section?

Huh

Would be nice to move one separate topic... Nod
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WIP PseudoTV Skin9