• 14(current)
WIP PseudoTV Skin
MQ4 has less options than nox. the reason it feels bigger is because of badly written code. (use my skinning tool as proof)
3d covers also get shown in nox btw
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
(2013-03-13, 17:47)thedarkonaut Wrote: Image
I can't wait for this code to be uploaded, a few color tweaks and it will match my setup perfectly!
Looking great!
(2013-03-13, 17:47)thedarkonaut Wrote: I actually took care of that last night. Here's my latest screenshots. I'm going to put this together along with my Custom Icon pack some time this week.

Looks great!
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2013-03-15, 22:00)phil65 Wrote: MQ4 has less options than nox. the reason it feels bigger is because of badly written code. (use my skinning tool as proof)

Obviously, having ZERO skinning skill myself, there is no way I can argue with your claims. I do know I NEVER have issues with the skin personally so the "claim" about it being buggy might be based on individual setups. Nox was the first skin I fell in love with but I do really like MQ4 and use it (almost) exclusively. There's TONS'S of flair with MQ4.
(2013-03-16, 15:21)Guile Wrote:
(2013-03-15, 22:00)phil65 Wrote: MQ4 has less options than nox. the reason it feels bigger is because of badly written code. (use my skinning tool as proof)

Obviously, having ZERO skinning skill myself, there is no way I can argue with your claims. I do know I NEVER have issues with the skin personally so the "claim" about it being buggy might be based on individual setups. Nox was the first skin I fell in love with but I do really like MQ4 and use it (almost) exclusively. There's TONS'S of flair with MQ4.

I would have to agree with phil65... nox is much cleaner code then mq4... I'm not a skilled skinner... like phil65 but I have dabbled in skinning... nox is by far a better skin IMO Big Grin
Hey Guys,

Here's the first version of my PTV skin. The zip file has the channel logos, ptv skin, and some other things. Similar instructions to TMans, just delete the Aeon Nox pseudo files and use this as the default skin and then use the readme from there I also included the PTV manager just because I think it's a good program. Enjoy. There's also a white version in there if you want to rename some of the files. It's mainbody is white and highlights are a fuchsia.

The Darkonaut

We'll call this 1.1

http://www.mediafire.com/?viaryq506k6uts6
Thanks...
Thanks so much!!!
(2013-03-17, 02:31)thedarkonaut Wrote: Hey Guys,

Here's the first version of my PTV skin. The zip file has the channel logos, ptv skin, and some other things. Similar instructions to TMans, just delete the Aeon Nox pseudo files and use this as the default skin and then use the readme from there I also included the PTV manager just because I think it's a good program. Enjoy. There's also a white version in there if you want to rename some of the files. It's mainbody is white and highlights are a fuchsia.

The Darkonaut

We'll call this 1.1

Absolutely bad@ss!! Love it! One suggestion... (I know everything that gets released gets new ideas thrown at it. Sorry to be that guy.)

I think it would be sweet if you took all the blue components (lines, show title, time bar, etc) and added <colordiffuse>$VAR[TitleColorVar]</colordiffuse> to them so that their color changes with whatever custom color the user selects for the rest of Nox.

Either way, this is an awesome skin for PTV and it makes the best addon even better.
Yeah that sounds like a good idea. To be honest, I have no idea what I'm doing Smile I pretty much learned this on the go while putting this skin together. I normally deal with CSS stuff for work and the xml files looked similar enough. I'll look into it, that'd make it a lot easier for everyone. Or if anyone wants to jump in and help out, that'd be cool too.
Groovus!!!
Got to thank @tman12 and @thedarkonaut for all this work! I tweaked a bit of each, changed some colors, and now have a pseudotv system that looks better than my tivo! I've got to tweak some logos and got to fix a bit of spacing issues, but without the work you two did, I wouldn't be anywhere near this great look!!! For the record, the purple is much more subdued on my plasma Smile

(2013-03-17, 02:55)RockDawg Wrote:
(2013-03-17, 02:31)thedarkonaut Wrote: Hey Guys,

The Darkonaut

We'll call this 1.1

Absolutely bad@ss!! Love it! One suggestion... (I know everything that gets released gets new ideas thrown at it. Sorry to be that guy.)

I think it would be sweet if you took all the blue components (lines, show title, time bar, etc) and added <colordiffuse>$VAR[TitleColorVar]</colordiffuse> to them so that their color changes with whatever custom color the user selects for the rest of Nox.

Either way, this is an awesome skin for PTV and it makes the best addon even better.

Good call Smile
(2013-03-17, 03:27)thedarkonaut Wrote: To be honest, I have no idea what I'm doing Smile I pretty much learned this on the go while putting this skin together.

I get ya. I'm pretty much the same as you without the creative ability. I couldn't write a skin if my life depended on it, but I have learned a little about how to tweak them. With Nox I have found that adding <colordiffuse>$VAR[TitleColorVar]</colordiffuse> to a label causes it to change color according to whatever a user has selected as a custom color. You can check it out and see what I mean.

Anyways, beautiful skin! Keep honing your skills.
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WIP PseudoTV Skin9