• 15(current)
WIP PseudoTV Skin
titlecolorvar only colors when the color font setting is active.
if it helps i could put out a small list for some common variables.
btw if you decide to switch to nox textures and make it fit in well then I will happily include that in official skin.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
thanks for the white skin The Darkonaut. looks and work awesome
Just figured I'd show what I've been working on lately. I use more of a theme concept for my Aeon Nox set up and always wanted PseudoTv to fit in better with that overall concept better. Credit goes to Tman for getting the ball rolling. Obviously it still needs some tweaks but if anyone's interested I'll post the files once it's done.

Info screen - Tv shows

Info screen - Movies

EPG
Man, I'm glad I got this ball rolling! I just haven't had a lot of time to do much work, but I think I will try to get my Nox version cleaned up and see if phil approves for official addition.

@ARYEZ, I really like where you're going with this, for me the info screen is too cluttered but still looks really good. The cool thing about these skins is making them the way YOU want it to look and feeding off of other people for ideas. I think this is going in a really good direction and hopefully more people will join in!
Nox Version - a few minor tweaks left.

Guide

Info

damn that is not a good snapshot of sweet dea. she actually does look like a bird Smile

skin looks awesome too mate, thanks for getting the ball rolling
(2013-03-17, 18:59)ARYEZ Wrote: Just figured I'd show what I've been working on lately. I use more of a theme concept for my Aeon Nox set up and always wanted PseudoTv to fit in better with that overall concept better. Credit goes to Tman for getting the ball rolling. Obviously it still needs some tweaks but if anyone's interested I'll post the files once it's done.

Info screen - Tv shows

Hey Man what is the code in the TV shows you did for the episode info? If you look at darknauts skin as well as tmans the tv shows currenly show season and episode twice. yours doesnt. Can you share the code for that?

Also what is the code to display the IMDB ranking?

and does anyone know the code to display the weather icon?
(2013-03-17, 20:07)tman12 Wrote: Nox Version - a few minor tweaks left.

Guide

Info

Definitely looks sweet and fits in more with Nox. I still like the ino bar blue and on top though.
(2013-03-17, 21:51)hewligun Wrote: Hey Man what is the code in the TV shows you did for the episode info? If you look at darknauts skin as well as tmans the tv shows currenly show season and episode twice. yours doesnt. Can you share the code for that?

I've found that any station created within pseudotv shows the info properly, any station created with a custom playlist shows the info twice with a filename instead of episode name.
(2013-03-17, 22:33)mrgrossm Wrote:
(2013-03-17, 21:51)hewligun Wrote: Hey Man what is the code in the TV shows you did for the episode info? If you look at darknauts skin as well as tmans the tv shows currenly show season and episode twice. yours doesnt. Can you share the code for that?

I've found that any station created within pseudotv shows the info properly, any station created with a custom playlist shows the info twice with a filename instead of episode name.

For me the ones pseudo created did it then i made my own and they still do it. I think the code is wrong on tman and darko's skins.
(2013-03-17, 20:25)kurtamery929 Wrote: damn that is not a good snapshot of sweet dea. she actually does look like a bird Smile

Is the TV title the same code you used for the previous skin? Mine (on the previous) only shows files names, not actual titles, which can be annoying as most of my episodes are titled as seasonXepisode (2x01). Is this just another thing that doesn't show up right like the clear art?

EDIT: This didn't show up in the correct thread.
I had a thought, have you considered forking Jason's pseudo git? I'm sure he wouldn't mind if you made your own and called it something different like what was done with TVTime a while back. That would save you quite a bit of trouble with moving files around etc. Just an idea, keep up the great work!
Nothing to see here....
I have no control over the TV title in the EPG, that is python coded into the program. I think what I'm going to do is finish up the Nox version and see if phil likes it enough to include with Nox, then work on my original skin and really clean it up for a separate release and maybe talk to the PTV Fork guys to maybe release my own or just use it with theirs.

Still a bit more to do, not sure if I want to add a "Now Playing" over the fanart thumbnail or not... I'm not a skilled skinner so this takes a decent amount of time for me to do and time is not too free right now.

(2013-03-18, 01:25)zepfan Wrote:
(2013-03-17, 20:25)kurtamery929 Wrote: damn that is not a good snapshot of sweet dea. she actually does look like a bird Smile

Is the TV title the same code you used for the previous skin? Mine (on the previous) only shows files names, not actual titles, which can be annoying as most of my episodes are titled as seasonXepisode (2x01). Is this just another thing that doesn't show up right like the clear art?

EDIT: This didn't show up in the correct thread.
I had a thought, have you considered forking Jason's pseudo git? I'm sure he wouldn't mind if you made your own and called it something different like what was done with TVTime a while back. That would save you quite a bit of trouble with moving files around etc. Just an idea, keep up the great work!

Am I to understand your suggestion is to take jasons102's work, rename it and all you added was different skins? That is just about the worst idea, I've ever heard...

I would suggest you fork his git, add your skins and request a pull so that jason could add it to his work...
Traditionally you don't take someones work and call it your own, when all you did was change the look...
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
I don't plan on forking or releasing any program and I'm certainly not going to steal anyone's work, the goal of my skin is exactly like the other skins just give users an option to have a different look without having to download a whole different program. There are going to probably be tons of updates to PTV in the future and I have no inclination to keep up with it. I'm guessing that was directed at Zep, just thought I would clarify.
(2013-03-18, 02:21)Lunatixz Wrote: Am I to understand your suggestion is to take jasons102's work, rename it and all you added was different skins? That is just about the worst idea, I've ever heard...

I would suggest you fork his git, add your skins and request a pull so that jason could add it to his work...
Traditionally you don't take someones work and call it your own, when all you did was change the look...

Um no. Jason can add skins, as you can see from my signature, I used to make them and give them directly to him. I noted that Tman had made changes to the epg (the changed python script), and therefore suggested that he fork it, since he had mentioned previously wanting to change somethings within the actual PTV add-on.
Nothing to see here....
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WIP PseudoTV Skin9