Stream video add-on via home network UPnP to smart tv
So i downloaded a video add-on which streams live tv to the media centre.

It would be amazing to stream this live tv further for e.g.. to my smart tv (via home network) which detects the XBMC media centre!
At the moment i do not see this option, can only stream video, music and photo files at the moment, but not from the add-on!

I could just hook my laptop to the tv, but that defeats the point!!

Is this even possible? Surely!

Thanks.
I doubt. There should be pvr module for iptv, so all video streams would be recordable in one unified interface.
I suspect that xbmc team didn't do such simple thing because many stream providers doesn't like recording (for example YouTube)
It's coming. XBMC will be able to push video to UPnP targets. It can do this now in nightly builds (wiki), but needs some stuff for add-ons.
And what about pvr functions for Web streams?
I have no idea if someone is working on that or not.
Thats great news!! Any idea when a stable version with this working will be out?? and will it have the "stuff" to make it work for add-ons?

I have been reading around on other forums and apparently it is possible to do what i want, but on the Playstation Media Server (PMS) together with the Jumpy plugin. The plugin supposedly reads off of the installed XBMC or something and can play the add-on streams. I personally could not get this to work, but according to the forums it works and people are doing it. Can stream to the PS3 and other DLNA enabled TVs.
I would much prefer doing this straight from XBMC which i think would make it much easier.

Any thoughts?
AFAIK plans are that you can also browse addons via UPNP in next XBMC version
Ok so the play using feature is out now, but for live tv plugins I cant get it to work on my smart tv. All I see on the tv are empty video or music folders. How would I go about " browsing the plugin" on my tv.
Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stream video add-on via home network UPnP to smart tv0