disable volume lock in passthrough ?
hello

i use eventghost to change the volume in my onkyo amp when changing the volume in XBMC, but when its on passthrough the audio bar is lock and i cant change the volume, i know i cant change the volume from XBMC in passthrough, but the amp volume dependent on the event in XBMC, so there is a way to do it ?

thanks
Can you force eventghost to control the system output volume instead?
Main = Intel 37770k - Win 8.1 x64 | Office PC = Intel Q6600 - Win 7 x64 | HTPC = Intel NUC - Ubuntu 14.10 | Tablet = Nexus 7 (2013) - Android 4.4.5 All running Gotham 13.2
Server = Dell Powededge 2850 - Ubuntu Server 14.04 - MySQL, SABNZBD+, Couchpotato, SickRage, Headphones, Apache | NAS = HP StorageWorks P4500 G2 SAN - Ubuntu Server 14.04 - 21TB RAID5 + Hot spare

if i was using regular remote maybe, but im using YATSE ( android remote for XBMC ) and when i change the volume in XBMC, eventghost just see the change from 1-100 and change the vol in the amp, but when the bar is lock the volume in XBMC stay the same and i cant do nothing

there is no option to unlock this ? maybe script or something?
yeah it's locked to the best of my knowledge, the only workaround would be to disable passthru and have xbmc downscale the audio
Main = Intel 37770k - Win 8.1 x64 | Office PC = Intel Q6600 - Win 7 x64 | HTPC = Intel NUC - Ubuntu 14.10 | Tablet = Nexus 7 (2013) - Android 4.4.5 All running Gotham 13.2
Server = Dell Powededge 2850 - Ubuntu Server 14.04 - MySQL, SABNZBD+, Couchpotato, SickRage, Headphones, Apache | NAS = HP StorageWorks P4500 G2 SAN - Ubuntu Server 14.04 - 21TB RAID5 + Hot spare

If XBMC could change the volume at that point then it wouldn't be using audio passthrough. The whole point of audio passthrough is that XBMC doesn't touch the audio at all, and simply "passes through" a pure, untouched, audio track to the receiving device.
i understand this part, i didn't wont to change the audio from xbmc, just unlock vol bar in passthrough, so the numbers will go up \ down without changing the vol, like i can do with windows vol bar, in passthrough i can change the vol but of course there is no real change on the audio, maybe i don't remember well but i think it was the same in XBMC with older ver

anyway i bought the CEC adapter, to bad there is no eventghost integration in XBMC, i think its a lot more important then CEC integration and can do a lot more, and the best part is free, buying 58$ adapter just to change the vol make XBMC very expensive, like get a free console but pay 600$ for controller

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
disable volume lock in passthrough ?0