Win GPU and a Two Display Output
[Case]: MI-008
[CPU]: Celeron 1610
[GPU]: -----
[MOBO]: Gigabyte mini-ATX H77
[HDD]: WD Green 3TB
[Media]: Asus blu writer
[Display 1]: Samsung 42" 720p Plasma (7 years old). Main TV.
[Display 2]: Samsung 25" Display w/ 1080p. Kitchen/secondary.
[A/V Receiver]: Denon 1910
[OS] Windows 8 Pro

First, I'm going to need a GPU. I thought I could get by without one, but due to running two displays and possibly some better gaming options, I feel it worth $15-30 to get a low profile card. Some of these 6450 cards are $30-35 after rebate right now, and then there's this 5450 for $17 after rebate. Opinions on these? The MSI card has a fan, and I have no case fan in my case (HDD side mounted on other side due to size of drive)

Second, as experienced last night, I'm having some major confusion on running two displays of different native resolutions. I got the Gigabyte H77 due to it having two HDMI outputs. I already have a 50ft hdmi running from kitchen thru attic down to entertainment center in living room, so that is staying put. I also need to run HDMI output from HTPC to my receiver to take advantage of good audio quality. HDMI output from receiver goes to living room TV (in wall). I was having issues with overscan on the main living room tv (720p) when trying to set this up yesterday while just running an HDMI output to both tvs from MOBO. This happened withOUT passing the signal thru the A/V receiver.

So, in summary, I'm wanting to run two outputs: one to the 720p living room passing through the A/V receiver and the other to the kitchen/secondary 1080p tv (not needing to pass through) and being able to fight the overscan issue at the same time. Will the addition of an actual GPU and its control panel help combat this and get these both setup correctly, despite having different native resolutions?

What other info have a I left out that needs to be provided?
Btw, 720p/living room does not have overscan or PC options. Sorry for thread bump. I'm mobile and couldn't edit original post.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
GPU and a Two Display Output0