Frodo, Subtitles and me
Question 
Ok, so i installed Frodo and everything seemed to work just super, as im used to since well... I use XBMC Smile

But here´s my problem:

I start a movie or tv episode, download a subtitle for that video and it works.
But when i stop the video completly, and start it later XBMC doesnt load that subtitle automatically anymore like it used to do earlier.

I uploaded my log file here
http://pastebin.com/kaERkiwE

And yes, i double-checked my directories where it stores subtitles, and tripple-checked it aswell and it´s the correct path on both places.

Also, sorry if this is in the wrong section.
(2013-03-06, 20:47)Snaqejack Wrote: But when i stop the video completly, and start it later XBMC doesnt load that subtitle automatically anymore like it used to do earlier.

Do the subtitles display if you hit "t" on the keyboard after restarting the video?
(2013-03-07, 00:40)artrafael Wrote:
(2013-03-06, 20:47)Snaqejack Wrote: But when i stop the video completly, and start it later XBMC doesnt load that subtitle automatically anymore like it used to do earlier.

Do the subtitles display if you hit "t" on the keyboard after restarting the video?

I just tried, and nothing happens when i press T after restarting the video.
That tells me it's not finding the subtitle file. Are you downloading the subtitle files to the same directory as the movie file or to a different location?
I download the subtitles to a different location, I play all my videos over my LAN and i don't know how to give my HTPC permission to write on my desktop computer so I can download the files to the same folder as the video is stored in.
Easiest way is to use the same login on the different PC's. Then you can share the folder (right-click Properties, sharing tab). Enable sharing on the folder and you should be fine. However, if you want to you can add another user name (whatever you log into your HTPC with) in the sharing tab and give that user read/write privileges.
Saving the subtitles in the same folder doesn't make XBMC load it by default for some reason...
Anyone got a clue on why it's behaving like that?
Does the subtitle file have the same name as the movie file?
Yes, of course.
Pretty frustrating to be honest :-(
Could it have to do with the fact that you are playing a video from a rar file ?
Also, I notice that this video already contains subtitle streams in the MKV
No, the fact that the movie is in a rar container doesn't matter, I played my movies WITH subtitles working for a very long time.
I think I have found what seems to be the problem, if the movie has internal subtitles external subtitles doesn't seem to load automatically.
I tried to download subtitles for a movie that didn't have internal subtitles and restarted XBMC and started the movie and the subtitle loaded.
Pretty annoying that it doesn't load external subtitles, since I'd prefer to have subtitles in my native language.
In my last post I wrote that I thought that the problem was solved, it isn't :-(
I still have the same problem with subtitles
You keep your movies in rar? Or only subtitles?
Most movies are in rar files
I have experienced the same problem. Movie is still archived with rar (for space saving reasons obviously Wink) and the file inside the archive doesn't have the same name as the archive. Case sensitivity etc. Subtitle Downloader renames the downloaded subtitle file after the archives name not the file inside and thus XBMC can't see it anymore. It worked in Eden but not anymore. Guess Frodos subtitle matching has changed or something. I think we'll have to convince the Subtitle Downloader maintainer to add an option for this. If its possible.

Try and see if you have the same problem, check file name inside rar and rename subtitle file to exact match except extension of course.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Frodo, Subtitles and me0