Sumvision Cyclone Voyager 8 Issue
I have a Versus Touchpad 7 running on ICS and have successfully installed both the official Android XBMC and a Hardware Accelerated version (which I have stuck with as it seems to run better). My colleagues in work have both installed the same version on a Google Nexus 7 (Jellybean 4.22) and a Sumvision Cyclone Voyager 7(Jellybean) and they are also working fine.

My stepfather has a new Sumvision Cyclone Voyager 8 which came with Jellybean. Both versions of XBMC install but on opening it gives the "Preparing for first run" splash screen, gets to the end then gives an error "Unfortunately, XBMC has stopped" with an OK option. Every time you try to run it you get this error. I have uninstalled, reinstalled and rebooted but get the same error.

Any help is much appreciated.
Where did you get the install APK for XBMC? You might need one specific to the device (for now).
Hi Ned, the Android XBMC apk was from the official site and the hardware accelerated apk was from the xbmc test area for 19/2. I believe the 8" and the 7" Sumvisions are the same hardware spec apart from the screen and bluetooth support:

http://sumvision.com/productinfo/Cyclone...oyager.asp

I'm fairly new to XBMC but have successfully installed it on a couple of tablets plus a PC. Is it worthwhile trying the latest Frodo test build or do you have any other versions that may work?
I've also got the 8" Sumvision Voyager tried about 10 different apk's no joy..........anyone had any luck?
IIRC, Sumvision needs the AMLplayer version of XBMC.
Hi Ned, i've tried all versions of XBMC from the XAF builds to the new 12.1 i even tried the pivos version, nothing works. xbmc installs fine then does first run and as soon as it attempts to launch it crashes like igodsell said "Unfortunately, XBMC has stopped". I've read elsewhere that it might be to do with xbmc trying to read/write to a specific location and failing to do so due to how this tablets memory is partitioned. Is there anything else i can try.....it's a rockchip rk 3066 cpu. cheers
I've found this post which seems to be along the lines of what we've been experiencing, i'll keep and eye on it's developments http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=157721&page=2

cheers
At least I know it's affecting that model and not something I'm doing (although I can't see how as I've installed it on multiple devices ok). What I don't understand is the difference between the Sumvision Cyclone Voyager 7 and the Sumvision Cyclone Voyager 8 apart from the screen and firmware.
just to say the new Gotham builds especially the libstagefright version now work with this tablet, HD streaming over samba seems to be a bit hit or miss, other than that REJOICE.
skip this post, wrong section
As it's not my tablet I'm not in any real hurry to get this sorted, but now you've tested the Gotham build that works I'll give it a go. I've also got colleagues who have bought the 10" Sumvision Cyclone but we haven't tried XBMC on that yet
I also have this tablet and with all Frodo builds i get the "unfortunately xmc as stopped" error ,I finally got it to work with the Gotham build but now i can not access the webserver. Is this something to do with Gotham still being in alpha stage or is it just the tablet.
I've just got round to testing this on my stepfathers tablet and STILL can't get it to work. The one Gotham version which opens gives me the same issue as Saxon66 where it says that that it can't contact the webserver!!!!!! Other Gotham versions just give the "XBMC has stopped" message.

Getting pretty frustrated with this now.
At long last!!. I managed to get a version to work with this tablet.It is not perfect and crashes at times but i was able to add "Comic vine" from video addon and watch the trailers as well as Fox News.Sound is choppy and out of sync but it shows that progress is being made.Here's the link .

http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/android/ 12th june .
Some good news regarding this tablet. Sumvision as released Jelly Bean 4.2. Hopefully this will sort out any problems.Here is the link.

https://plus.google.com/113339108623102350803/posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sumvision Cyclone Voyager 8 Issue0