Recordings do not appear in cmyth
This is similar to another thread here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=159393

but my problem is slightly different (I posted there, but the focus is on the OP's problem). Mods: please feel free to delete if you think they're the same issue.

For some reason, I can't see my recordings aren't appearing at all in XBMC.

I first noticed it a couple of days ago - suddenly all of my old recordings disappeared in the "recordings" section of LiveTV, and none of the new ones show up - it's like an empty folder. However, I can still:
- watch LiveTV through XBMC;
- see the EPG through XBMC;
- recordings still happen on the backend as scheduled;
- I can see, and stream, recordings through MythWeb on the laptop; and
- all other XBMC functionality (movies, music) appears to be working properly.

Furthermore, I installed XBMC on my iMac, and have the same problem - everything works, but I can't see any recordings.

My setup is:
- CentOS server running 0.25.3 backend
- XBMCbuntu (12/Frodo) running cmyth

I've had a look at xbmc.log, and this bit seems to be the relevant part:

Quote:22:17:00 T:2939157312 NOTICE: Thread Jobworker start, auto delete: true
22:17:02 T:3024755520 NOTICE: Thread CRssReader start, auto delete: false
22:17:07 T:2949643072 ERROR: AddOnLog: MythTV cmyth PVR Client: LibCMyth: (cmyth)__cmyth_rcv_long: cmyth_rcv_string() failed (0)
22:17:07 T:2949643072 ERROR: AddOnLog: MythTV cmyth PVR Client: LibCMyth: (cmyth)__cmyth_rcv_proglist: cmyth_rcv_long() failed (110)
22:17:07 T:2949643072 ERROR: AddOnLog: MythTV cmyth PVR Client: LibCMyth: (cmyth)cmyth_proglist_get_all_recorded: cmyth_rcv_proglist() < count
22:17:07 T:2949643072 ERROR: AddOnLog: MythTV cmyth PVR Client: LibCMyth: (cmyth)cmyth_proglist_get_all_recorded: cmyth_rcv_proglist() failed (110)
22:17:07 T:2949643072 ERROR: AddOnLog: MythTV cmyth PVR Client: LibCMyth: (cmyth)cmyth_proglist_get_all_recorded: cmyth_proglist_get_list() failed
22:17:07 T:2949643072 ERROR: AddOnLog: MythTV cmyth PVR Client: LibCMyth: (cmyth)cmyth_conn_reconnect: asked for version 72, got version 72
22:17:07 T:2949643072 ERROR: AddOnLog: MythTV cmyth PVR Client: LibCMyth: (cmyth)__cmyth_rcv_ulong: received illegal integer: 'The Biggest Loser: The Next Gene'
22:17:07 T:2949643072 ERROR: AddOnLog: MythTV cmyth PVR Client: LibCMyth: (cmyth)__cmyth_rcv_proginfo: cmyth_rcv_ulong subtitletype() failed (22) (count = 3975)
22:17:07 T:2949643072 ERROR: AddOnLog: MythTV cmyth PVR Client: LibCMyth: (cmyth)__cmyth_rcv_proglist: cmyth_rcv_proginfo() failed (22)
22:17:07 T:2949643072 ERROR: AddOnLog: MythTV cmyth PVR Client: LibCMyth: (cmyth)cmyth_proglist_get_all_recorded: cmyth_rcv_proglist() < count
22:17:07 T:2949643072 ERROR: AddOnLog: MythTV cmyth PVR Client: LibCMyth: (cmyth)cmyth_proglist_get_all_recorded: cmyth_rcv_proglist() failed (22)
22:17:07 T:2949643072 ERROR: AddOnLog: MythTV cmyth PVR Client: LibCMyth: (cmyth)cmyth_proglist_get_all_recorded: cmyth_proglist_get_list() failed
22:17:07 T:2949643072 ERROR: AddOnLog: MythTV cmyth PVR Client: LibCMyth: (cmyth)cmyth_proglist_get_count: NULL program list
22:17:07 T:2782919488 ERROR: AddOnLog: MythTV cmyth PVR Client: LibCMyth: (cmyth)__cmyth_rcv_long: received illegal integer: 'It's weigh in time and sure to b'
22:17:07 T:2782919488 ERROR: AddOnLog: MythTV cmyth PVR Client: LibCMyth: (cmyth)__cmyth_rcv_proglist: cmyth_rcv_long() failed (22)
22:17:07 T:2782919488 ERROR: AddOnLog: MythTV cmyth PVR Client: LibCMyth: (cmyth)cmyth_proglist_get_all_pending: cmyth_rcv_proglist() < count
22:17:07 T:2782919488 ERROR: AddOnLog: MythTV cmyth PVR Client: LibCMyth: (cmyth)cmyth_proglist_get_all_pending: cmyth_rcv_proglist() failed (22)
22:17:07 T:2782919488 ERROR: AddOnLog: MythTV cmyth PVR Client: LibCMyth: (cmyth)cmyth_proglist_get_all_pending: cmyth_proglist_get_list() failed
22:17:07 T:2782919488 ERROR: AddOnLog: MythTV cmyth PVR Client: LibCMyth: (cmyth)cmyth_proglist_get_count: NULL program list
22:17:07 T:2766134080 NOTICE: AddOnLog: MythTV cmyth PVR Client: Process - Event file size update: -1528837429

Can anyone suggest where the problem is? Is it a problem with the backend/mysql?
Anyone? Even a suggestion?
Please provide a full debug log. The snipped you posted shows the problem but I can't tell where it comes from.
Hopefully this is what you're after?

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=9126

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=9127

Many thanks.
Hm. The problem seems to be this:

Code:
string received 'The Biggest Loser: The Next Generation [[]:[][]:[]The Biggest Loser kicks off tonight when our teams board a bus - assumingly to the Biggest Loser House - but are instead informed they're about to make a public promise to themselves & each other.'

The MythTV Protocol uses "[]:[]" to separate the different metadata parts of a recording. The single [ at the beginning seems to confuse the addon.
I'm just not sure where this comes from. Is it part of the title of the show? The problem will most likely go away as soon as you delete this recording,
but maybe we can find a proper fix for it.

To further help debugging, could you please export the recorded table for me:
Code:
mysqldump -u root -p -t mythconverg recorded > recorded_backup.sql
Hopefully this link to the file you've requested works: https://www.dropbox.com/s/n8upps35px151e...backup.sql

I've deleted the file you've identified, but still nothing is showing up. I've rebooted both the backend and the XBMC machine. Is there something else I am missing?

I've uploaded a new debug log since doing this here, not sure if that helps at all: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=9427

Smile
Thanks, yes that helped. If you look into the sql file. You'll find 'The Biggest Loser: The Next Generation ['.
So there's still a recording that caused the issue.

Most likely the bracket comes from the EPG. MythTV itself seems to have a problem when filling that into the
database. Looks like the rest gets cut off or so.

I'll try to reproduce it here when I have a bit more time. Most likely our protocol parsing code isn't flexible enough.

For now I'm sure it can be worked around by either renaming the recording manually (using mysqlclient or phpmyadmin) or removing it.
When you delete the recording, be aware that MythTV doesn't delete the recordings directly.
It just marks it for deletion and the backend will remove it after a while.
(2013-04-03, 20:53)cfetzer Wrote: For now I'm sure it can be worked around by either renaming the recording manually (using mysqlclient or phpmyadmin) or removing it.
When you delete the recording, be aware that MythTV doesn't delete the recordings directly.
It just marks it for deletion and the backend will remove it after a while.
When you refer to MythTV.. which are you referring to? I only ask because I deleted the offending files using MythWeb, and they do appear to have been deleted from the hard disk (the number of recordings left in the relevant directory matches the number that weren't deleted). Is there some way of accelerating the backend's deletion (presumably from the database?). I deleted the relevant files 2 nights ago, and the remaining recordings are still not showing up in cmyth. Strangely the offending "The Biggest Loser" recording with the additional bracket is still appearing in the xbmc.log that I uploaded tonight:

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=9615

Many thanks, J.

Actually - never mind! I ran mythflldatabase and they appeared! :-)

Many thanks again for your help.

To avoid this problem in the interim, should I avoid having mythtv do metadata lookups? Do you think there is a problem with my local EPG?
Ok - this is weird, now the recording list has disappeared again :-(
I don't know if you still run into that issue or if removing the recording has resolved it for you.
But I have found the bug and fixed it in the development repo. It was indeed caused by the '['.

If you like, you can build from https://github.com/fetzerch/xbmc-pvr-addons (branch frodo for xbmc frodo, or master for xbmc pre-gotham).

More information about building the addon can be found here: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=PVR...FromSource

Cheers,
Christian
Hi Christian,

No, as per posts #8 and 9, my recording list appeared once, after running mythfilldatabase, then disappeared again (IIRC after a reboot, but not sure). It hasn't appeared since.

I tried following those instructions for building the addon from source, and everything worked until I went to move the zip file, ie:

Quote:cp addons/pvr.mythtv.cmyth-linux-x86_64.zip $HOME

It didn't work, because the x86_64 file isn't there! There's one for i486, but no x86_64. Is that directory path in the instructions correct?
Ok, in relation to the above, I discovered in another thread that the compiled zip file was mislabelled as i486, so I tried to install that one - but got a message saying that there were missing dependencies. I discovered that I hadn't followed the instructions linked to in Christian's last post regarding adding the Unstable ppa, so I did that and updated/upgraded XBMC.

After I did that, cmyth worked and my recordings list started showing again - BUT, I then started having problems with XBMC crashing, it was rebooting nearly every time I tried to play a recording, start a tv channel or even when we tried to play movies from our server.

I've just tried to downgrade back to XBMC v12.2, which seemed to work - but then cmyth went back to saying there were dependency problems. I then rebooted, and the machine now freezes during the boot process and XBMC won't start at all! :-(

Here is the xbmc.log - can anyone help? I'm a bit of a linux n00b, I can follow instructions, but can't identify problems myself very easily.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=30998
If the add on was compiled for Gotham it won't work with fro do, you need to checkout the frodo branch before compiling.
Ok, but how can I get XBMC to boot? It seems to be hanging when it goes to load cmyth - is there some way I can disable/remove cmyth via ssh?
FWIW here is the crash log FYI: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=31030

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Recordings do not appear in cmyth0