XBMCBunutu booting but not xbmc
Sry that i have to ask a stupid questens. I updated my videodrivers in xbmcbuntu and wanted to reboot my HTPC, dont know why i didnt do it via the terminal. For the reboot i used the xbmcbuntu logout menu and must have chosen the wrong button (keyboad navigation). Now my HTPC ist still booting but only in terminals. I can switch between 3 or 4 Terminals and in one terminal i get some messages that they that the lirc service is started and is waitin for inputs. I tried to login but with my known username and password but i get the messsage login incorrect. Bevore i do a fresh install i wanted to ask if it is possible to start directly xbmc again.

Thx for help in advance!
you most probably broke the video driver, otherwise the X server would come up.
okay, is there a way to reinstall the driver? or is it better to do a fresh install? xbmc library is synced via mysql so not data is gettin lost! Smile
Sure try:

Code:
sudo apt-get install --reinstall mysteriousdriver

Replace mysteriousdriver with your driver packages names (Sice you dont say which driver it is to begin with.

uNi
sry, it is a amd ati of zotach AD02. But to do a reinstall and need a password and username to login. Is there a default one??
User:xbmc
Pass:whateveryouset

uNi
that is a good question! Smile but i give it a try and thanks for your help! i will let you know what happend!
first, got logged in.
sec, i did a fresh install. Smile Much easier for me and took the same time, for me. Smile

But thanks for ur help and very fast answers!

thread can be closed!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMCBunutu booting but not xbmc0