[RESOLVED] Airplay issues w/ my raspberry pi (post OpenElec 3.0)
I have been using OpenElec for several months now and the latest build I am running is r13646 from Mar 24. Things are generally working fine but I do have three airplay issues I could use some help with:

1. Video airplay simply doesn't work; I can airplay music but when I airplay video and hit play on my iphone or ipad, playback never starts on the rpi
  2. For music, when I airplay music, I get occasional "crackling" in the audio playback at random intervals (occuring every 10-30 seconds)... I'm using an HDMI connection between my rpi and HDTV. When I play back the same music without airplay on my iphone or ipad, there is no crackling or corruption thus I know the source music is fine.
  3. When doing a fresh install of OpenElec r13646 from Mar 24, per my post here (http://openelec.tv/forum/124-raspberry-p...-my-iphone), when I enable airplay in xbmc with no password protection and zeroconf on too, my iphone and ipad on my home WIFI doesn't detect that an airplay device exists and thus doesn't show the airplay icon (other airplay devices on the same network work fine). The only way I can get it working on OE is to use the autostart.sh file and add the following lines (as it seems like an ipv4 vs ipv6 issue). Any reason why airplay doesn't work "out of the box" without having to use the autostart.sh commands below?

Code:
    mkdir -p /storage/.config/avahi/
    cp /etc/avahi/avahi-daemon.conf /storage/.config/avahi/avahi-daemon.conf
    sed -i 's/use-ipv6=no/use-ipv6=yes/g' /storage/.config/avahi/avahi-daemon.conf
    kill -0 $(pidof avahi-daemon)
    mkdir -p /var/run/avahi-daemon
    avahi-daemon -D --file=/storage/.config/avahi/avahi-daemon.conf
Thought I'd bump this. Will the new PR I see below help with this? My original post above still remains so any help would be great.

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/2631
FYI... the latest nightly builds seem to have resolved my airplay issues and I no longer need to use my autostart.sh as a workaround. Consider this closed.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RESOLVED] Airplay issues w/ my raspberry pi (post OpenElec 3.0)0