Help:Music Tagging Problem
Exclamation 
Hello. Iam having a problem with the taggng of my music. Iam using a Nas server where my music is stored. Iam using the skin, aeon mq4. I putted up my Music folder, but i found out that the artist name had the be in the Music File's name, so i used a progam called Mp3tag to do the tagging for me. everything is working with this program. No issues, every music file has the Artist name in it now.But here comes the catch. When iam going to Xbmc again and going to my music i just tagged. the name is still in its old name. I don't get it why it is not applying. Hopfully somebody has the answer to my problem
(2013-03-31, 02:58)Paynemaster Wrote: Hello. Iam having a problem with the taggng of my music. Iam using a Nas server where my music is stored. Iam using the skin, aeon mq4. I putted up my Music folder, but i found out that the artist name had the be in the Music File's name, so i used a progam called Mp3tag to do the tagging for me. everything is working with this program. No issues, every music file has the Artist name in it now.But here comes the catch. When iam going to Xbmc again and going to my music i just tagged. the name is still in its old name. I don't get it why it is not applying. Hopfully somebody has the answer to my problem

Did you clean and update the library?
(2013-03-31, 03:37)giftie Wrote:
(2013-03-31, 02:58)Paynemaster Wrote: Hello. Iam having a problem with the taggng of my music. Iam using a Nas server where my music is stored. Iam using the skin, aeon mq4. I putted up my Music folder, but i found out that the artist name had the be in the Music File's name, so i used a progam called Mp3tag to do the tagging for me. everything is working with this program. No issues, every music file has the Artist name in it now.But here comes the catch. When iam going to Xbmc again and going to my music i just tagged. the name is still in its old name. I don't get it why it is not applying. Hopfully somebody has the answer to my problem

Yes i pressed ''update library'' still the same.
make sure it save it as id3v2 (and id3v1) and possible APE is also enabled
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
not sure what id3v2 is and how to save that. i think the problem has to do something with this, but iam not sure

(2013-03-31, 03:53)Paynemaster Wrote:
(2013-03-31, 03:37)giftie Wrote:

i think just update will not help you you need to clean also
(2013-04-03, 15:35)Burke Wrote:
(2013-03-31, 03:53)Paynemaster Wrote:
(2013-03-31, 03:37)giftie Wrote: Did you clean and update the library?

i think just update will not help you you need to clean also

Yeah i allready did a clean install on Xbmc Frodo, but still not what i whant. Did u checked my thumbnail?
Have you verified that new tags were saved? Re-open files in MP3tag and see if still have new info or old.

FYI, in case you haven't realized it yet: When using MP3tag make sure you select a file on the right and then change its info on left. Once changed how you want you must SAVE icon to apply changes. If you select another track before saving currently selected one, you will lose all changes.
(2013-04-03, 17:36)ComputerGuru269 Wrote: Have you verified that new tags were saved? Re-open files in MP3tag and see if still have new info or old.

FYI, in case you haven't realized it yet: When using MP3tag make sure you select a file on the right and then change its info on left. Once changed how you want you must go to FILE > SAVE to apply changes. If you select another track before saving currently selected one, you will lose all changes.

it has changed. No problems with Mp3tag. When iam checking it at my nas i see the artist name in the title. its just a issue with xbmc
Well, if tags are correct and its a XBMC issue, afraid I can't help you. I haven't used XBMC yet myself. Still trying to get my file structure set up before I install XBMC. So I'm not familiar with how XBMC works and its settings yet.
(2013-04-03, 18:50)Paynemaster Wrote:
(2013-04-03, 17:36)ComputerGuru269 Wrote: Have you verified that new tags were saved? Re-open files in MP3tag and see if still have new info or old.

FYI, in case you haven't realized it yet: When using MP3tag make sure you select a file on the right and then change its info on left. Once changed how you want you must go to FILE > SAVE to apply changes. If you select another track before saving currently selected one, you will lose all changes.

it has changed. No problems with Mp3tag. When iam checking it at my nas i see the artist name in the title. its just a issue with xbmc

can you Dropbox(or whatever) a file?
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Can we go back to your initial post. The filename is pretty irrelevant to XBMC except when you're browsing outside the library. I use mp3tag and a nas like you and have no problems. You just need to ensure that the title, artist, etc, fields are complete and then when you scan it should work correctly. To get filenames in mp3tag I just use the tag-filename option using track/title. As the previous poster said when you want to update XBMC both re-scan the folder you've updated and do a library clean in the music settings page. It should work as it does for me. Let us know how you get on.
This is how i have it right now.

This is how it stand on my Nas Server Image

This is how i see it into Xbmc Music Folder [Seems the same to me as on my Nas Server] Image

And this is how it its playing Image

i can't imagine nobody else having this problem.
But if you're using mp3tag you should have a screen something like this. It seems like you're not using the library mode to view your music.

Here's an example screenshot of what album folder should look like in explorer. basically, similar to WelshPaul's MP3tag image above but figured I'd post anyway.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help:Music Tagging Problem0