Win display to 120hz tv looks slightly too 'fast' (NOT film stabilization)
Relevant hardware:
TV: Toshiba 46" 1080p 120Hz LED HDTV 46L5200U

HTPC:
mobo: GIGABYTE GA-F2A75M-D3H FM2 AMD A75 (Hudson D3) SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
cpu/gfx: AMD A8-5600K Trinity 3.6GHz (3.9GHz Turbo) Socket FM2 100W Quad-Core Desktop APU (CPU + GPU) with DirectX 11 Graphic ...
Windows 7 ultimate
latest amd drivers

Just to be clear i'm NOT talking about the "soap opera" effect that's caused by film stabilization (called ClearMotion on the Toshiba TV) first thing I did was turn that off.

The picture looks absolutely great, vivid colors, good brightness, no edge bleed, action scenes are amazing etc... but when playing 720p/1080p mkv's from the PC, it looks very slightly sped up. Its hard to notice most of the time, but sometimes its definitely there. People walking/hand motions can just look slightly too fast. Some files seem to be more noticable than others.

Is this a setting that can be adjusted? I've played around with 50hz to the TV instead of 60hz, and it actually did look better but I don't think this is the right way to go about it.

The TV has Cinema Mode which is supposed to help, but I can't actually change this since the HTPC is in 1080p all the time, i think anyway. There is more info about that http://s3.amazonaws.com/szmanuals/2b6ad8...b56a9028e9 pg77

I've also heard of a program called AutoFrequency, but I don't know enough to know if thats the solution here. I remember some frame blending options in mpc-hc too but I have no experience there.

This isn't a huge problem, i'd just like to get everything really dialed in if I can. Thanks in advance for any advice.
Enable "Adjust display refresh rate to match video" to let XBMC switch your TV mode according to source. See the result if it fix your problem.
(2013-04-04, 03:00)oldpoem Wrote: Enable "Adjust display refresh rate to match video" to let XBMC switch your TV mode according to source. See the result if it fix your problem.
Does that work if I'm using an external player (MPC-HC)?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
display to 120hz tv looks slightly too 'fast' (NOT film stabilization)1