XBMCBuntu dual display problem
I've recently been testing an old netbook (Intel atom with an nvidia ION gpu) as a possible XBMC box. As I heard OpenELEC was made with very similar hardware in mind, I first tried going that route - but I simply couldnt get the onboard network and sound cards to work, plus I noticed severe video tearing. So right now, I'm trying XBMCBuntu via liveUSB, but I have a peculiar problem. While in desktop, the TV (connected via HDMI) is recognised and is used as the default display. However, as soon as I open XBMC, the signal gets lost, and the TV is not detected in XBMC settings. It reappers as soon as I exit XBMC. Any Idea what might be causing this issue?
Are you using the nvidia version of xbmcbuntu?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Yes, I am using the Nvidia version. Hardware accelaration is definately working, as it played an 1080p video fluently, only problem is it can only play it on the netbook's built in monitor.
You need to use xrandr to disable/enable the monitors. See

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...id=1364317

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMCBuntu dual display problem0