IOS 4.1.1 Should I upgrade?
Hi,

I'm running XBMC with no addons on 4.1.1 with no real problems. I have one minor glitch where my first time running XBMC in any session normally resets back to the Apple Menu and I have to relaunch. After that, I generally have no problems on the second run, although very occasionally I may need to restart again. But as I say, this is only a minor niggle and I am overall very pleased with my setup.

However, I'm aware that the underlying OS is getting pretty old, and I may also be missing some features on the new versions of iOS. I read up on this a while back and there seemed to be a general feeling that 5.x.x ran XBMC worse than 4.x.x, but now I see comments that there is actually more memory available to XBMC in 5.0.1 than there was in 4.x.x

So, I guess I'm asking, what are the benefits and what are the downsides of upgrading. I checked the FAQ, but couldn't find an answer. Sorry if its been asked before.

Thanks
AV
I think newer versions in the 5-range got a little better with memory, but 4.1.1 is likely better. If you don't have a need for any of the native iOS ATV features, then I would keep it on 4.1.1.

Outside of memory, XBMC doesn't really care what version of iOS you are on as long as it's jailbreakable and the FAQ says you can install for that version.
Thanks. Any idea if an upgrade would solve my issue with multiple restarts?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IOS 4.1.1 Should I upgrade?0