While these are test builds for a bugfix version, they are still test builds and are not yet considered stable. Proceed with caution and always backup your userdata folder!
What is this:
- These are test builds for anyone who would like to help with testing the upcoming XBMC v12.2 bugfix release.
- No new features have been added to this version.
- Only bug fixes have gone in.
- v12.2 is a work in progress and bug fixes are still being pulled in, so you'll see it being referred to as pre-v12.2 or 12.2pre, etc.
The main aim of this thread is to help make sure that no new bugs have accidentally slipped in as a result of the other bug fixes.
Where to download:
Test builds can be found here: http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/ (use the latest build for your OS that has "Frodo" in the file name) or see the links below:
Latest test build: 30 April 2013 (this will be updated as new test builds are made available)
- Android - download link
- iOS/iDevice - Use this link directly in Mobile Safari and use "open with" and select iFile (from Cydia): download link
- iOS/Apple TV 2 - ATV2 users can install using the nightly build instructions by replacing the URL of step 1 with: Code:
- Linux Ubuntu - https://launchpad.net/~wsnipex/+archive/xbmc-prestable
- Linux Gentoo - http://jesshaas.com/software/xbmc/xbmc-12.9999.ebuild
- Mac OS X - 32-bit (recommended) download link • 64-bit download link
- Windows - download link
- Raspberry Pi - OpenELEC (updated)
The splash screen will still say "v12.1", but the system info screen should report this as v12.2pre
How to help:
- If something was working in v12.0 or v12.1 and is now broken in pre-v12.2: This is the main thing we want to know about. Please include in your post:
- Was this broken in v12.1
- A debug log
- The build date (in the download URL or in system info on XBMC)
- Details about your system (OS, hardware specs, etc)
- Steps needed to reproduce the issue (play a movie, go to a file list, use an add-on, etc)
- The more details, the better.
- If something was broken in v12.0 or v12.1 and is now fixed in pre-v12.2: feel free to post about that. Confirmation is always nice.
- If something was broken in v12.0 and is still broken in pre-v12.2: please do not report it in this thread unless it's something we specifically asked to be tested. Report those bugs/issues in a new thread.
More bug fixes are being pulled in, so we want to make sure things continue to work as they're pulled in, so check back for newer builds and keep testing!
As always, a huge thanks to all our testers for helping make XBMC better for everyone!